Good job!
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: Good job!

Good job!

The super bowl tents that are bigger then some small towns are going to be an awesome time, if you are coming to the party I am going to get dropped off and have a good time and get a cab home to watch the game.

I'll be watching the game right here at home on a 47 inch flat screen with the beer babe bringing snacks and all sorts of goodies during commercial brakes. Warm, safe, no worries, no cabs, no filthy bathrooms, good food and drinks and very cheap! I will be able to see a lot more of the game than anyone who actually attends it! Did I mention, I hate crowds and even more so when they are rowdy and super charged with beer and a sporting event.

GaryL
    Mel likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I just got this email at work. Hello,

With the large events gathering here in Glendale this year we have been asked by the city of Glendale to join them in their EOC central communications area at the Glendale Fire training facility. We will have individuals on standby in the event there was a gas related issue. We will be looking for volunteers to split both event days (4 total) . The games will be displayed on large screen TVs along with catered food and beverages (non-alcoholic). If you are interested in standing by with a supervisor, the shift will be 1100-2300. The Pro Bowl is January 25th and the Super Bowl would be February 1st. Please let me know by end of shift tomorrow, 1/16, if you are interested so I can get the names over to the Bowl committee.

Thanks,

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    I just got this email at work. Hello,

With the large events gathering here in Glendale this year we have been asked by the city of Glendale to join them in their EOC central communications area at the Glendale Fire training facility. We will have individuals on standby in the event there was a gas related issue. We will be looking for volunteers to split both event days (4 total) . The games will be displayed on large screen TVs along with catered food and beverages (non-alcoholic). If you are interested in standing by with a supervisor, the shift will be 1100-2300. The Pro Bowl is January 25th and the Super Bowl would be February 1st. Please let me know by end of shift tomorrow, 1/16, if you are interested so I can get the names over to the Bowl committee.

Thanks,
    standing by with a supervisor, the shift will be 1100-2300.

You failed to mention the pay for this stand-by BS request. I would expect time and a half if it is your regular work day and much more if it is your regular days off. You can be sure the company will be charging an exorbitant fee for this "Standing-by" request and won't be very forthcoming with any of the proceeds.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Gary I already checked on it and did the math I would make $650. for the 12 hours. But I have decided to let a young guy that needs the money to pay for his house toys wife's credit cards that are maxed out and lifted 4x4 truck that he can not afford.
    I will watch at home with a beer and a few steps from my bathroom.

The key word was the shift.

Sponosred Links