22-WMR-45gr-Critical-Defense Hornady.
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Borneo

Thread: 22-WMR-45gr-Critical-Defense Hornady.

22-WMR-45gr-Critical-Defense Hornady.

I picked up a box of this Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Rimfire :: 22 WMR :: 22 WMR 45 gr FTX® Critical Defense® for my LCR .22 Mag this looks like the dodo.

Who are you trying to convince, us or you?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Q a lot of people think a .44 mag is needed but six of these will do the job maybe one.

Here you go Z, since you are enjoying all the gun stuff lately:

?The TrackingPoint 338TP, the Linux Rifle that's accurate up to a mile | ZDNet

I think you would enjoy one of these.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Actually, the sub 2" barrel on your LCR lacks sufficient length to allow effective gas expansion behind the bullet before it leaves the muzzle. Here is a graph from Ballistics by the Inch which graphically illustrates what happens to a .22 magnum in a 2" barrel. Still, a gun is always better than no gun.

Attachment 13311

People tend to forget barrel length when examining muzzle energy numbers. Still, the extra weight of the .22 magnum might give it an edge, based on weight alone over a long rifle cartridge, even out of a sub two inch barrel.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...-self-defense/
    Last edited by Borneo; 01-19-2015 at 02:58 AM.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Well, I personally am a huge fan of the .22 LR. Always have been. For those who live in the country, on farms and ranches, it is a handy little varmint gun, light on the belt, mild report, usable in places other weapons aren't, like barns and silos when loaded with light rounds like CB caps. So, for those reasons it's the gun that I most frequently have handy. It's the gun I would most likely still have on my belt during a quick run to town or on the weekend. If you know you are going into battle, my rule is if it doesn't start with a "4", it's too small. (an opinion many don't share, and I really don't want to engage in caliber bashing, I just said I like .22's...enough of that all over the internet). But, for the unexpected, the truth is, I'm probably going to have a .22.
    ZDR1 likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Yup! I find the .22 mag in a short barrel to be not much better than a .22LR. Major difference if the magnum is used in a long gun.

Those do look like nice bullets and I sure wish I could buy them here, I would grab 20 boxes in a heart beat. Not many on line dealers will even ship to NY and I don't blame them. Good price too!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Impressive performance from a slim case that would be easier to conceal than a stubby case of the same energy on target. I usually have a problem with the grips of small autos being too short trigger to backstrap, and this may be an effective solution for a plinker.

Sponosred Links