American sniper
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: American sniper

American sniper

I think this is the best made movie I have seen in a very long time. Words cannot describe how moving the story is. Suffice to say at movie's end audience was initially silent, then burst into clapping, then silently exited theater with many a moist eye. Moving and introspective with excellent acting. Realistic fog of war. Makes one want to hug a vet.
    williamemack likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I agree, good movie!

rbm
    The last movie I saw in a theater was The Perfect Storm, I have not been interested in going until now. I will see this movie in a theater if I have to go by myself!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Seen it Monday night. First time ive been to a movie In a long time. Definitely one of the best movies ive seen. How true are all of his stories? I dont know Ive read a bit from both sides of the Jessie Ventura Lawsuit and everybody on the right is hammering Ventura saying he is a conspiracy theory nut. I dont exactly agree with what what we are told about 911 either. Way to many once in a liftime coincidences to be a coincidence. Anyway I watched his interview after the trial and it seems legit. For all the hate against him it seems odd that he won the lawsuit. Even if Kyle has some BS stories he is still hero and a patriot to his country. Great movie

This topic is too hot to trust movies. I bought the book.

p.s.: Moore is an ass. No since arguing with him, but he serves as proof positive some people deserve a good killing.

Hoot Gibson likes this.

Less is NOT Moore. We just need to ignore him and act as if he doesn't exist.
    Hoot Gibson and TWilight like this.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Croatoan View Post
    Attachment 13346

A Reply to Michael Moore and the Left on Military Snipers--

Michael Moore, supported by a cadre of fellow liberals, weighed in on the movie "American Sniper" and took the liberty--and I mean took the liberty literally--to criticize military snipers as "cowards."

Let me introduce myself. My name is Sean Johnson. I currently work for Congressman Paul Gosar as his Wounded Warrior Military and Veteran Liaison. I am a Marine and a veteran of the war in Afghanistan. I am medically retired due to injuries I sustained during my service in Afghanistan.

I personally know what our snipers do. I have worked with these guys. Calling them cowards wouldn't faze them one bit but it would amuse them, coming from a soft, Hollywood leftist like Michael Moore. If anyone knows cowards it might be him.

Snipers play a key role in military operations. They often go out in advance to secure an area where operations are planned. They go behind enemy lines alone with possibly only a spotter. It is incredibly dangerous. They most often hike into remote areas, up mountains, down valleys, through extreme heat or extreme cold. These men are total bad asses.

During operations they protect our troops who are conducting sweeps and other activities. They keep an eye out for enemies, suicide bombers, etc. They have saved the lives of countless soldiers. One good sniper taking out a suicide bomber can save dozens of troops.

They are used for taking out high value targets. Enemy combat leaders can be effectively targeted thus degrading the enemies' operational readiness and leadership command.

Snipers can buy time for troops withdrawing from a combat zone. It's hard for the enemy to advance when anyone who stands up to attack our soldiers gets a bullet to the head.

Far from being cowards, these are some of our best men. They operate in the worst circumstances often alone in the elements. And they don't complain. They do it because it's right, it's their job and they believe in protecting their fellow soldiers and protecting our way of life granted to us by the Constitution.

I thank God for these brave men. They save lives every day. I hope you join me and Congressman Gosar in praying for the health and safety of all of our snipers, and maybe pray for Michael Moore to one day understand that his liberty to attack snipers like Chris Kyle is only possible because of these brave patriots.
    Have another donut Mikey, you useless lying bastard.....

Wife and I will go to Lima on Sunday to take in the flick, local bullshit theater with 6 screens is too busy with the "Black Annie" remake and 5 other equally worthless pieces of trash, out of Hollywierd.
    Medic_Red likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I saw it last Friday with my brother. First time I have been to a theater in well over 20 years. Excellent flick with a great story told by a true hero. Clint did a fantastic job bringing honor to the man and his family. Jesse Ventura can put this in his crack pipe! Only the fools listen to anything said by the likes of Michael Moore and Seth Rogan so it is not worthy of any comment as far as what they have to say. They are simply American Idiots!

If you have not yet seen Lone Survivor put that on on your To Do list for sure.

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sure to bring tears to Mikey Moore and his Ilk;

"Sniper" continues to roll towards records at Box Office, nears $200 in 9 days of full release:

'American Sniper' hauls in $200 million at box office - Jan. 24, 2015

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

Left Wing Bastards are to busy stroking each other off, and trying to gain each other's useless respect....now sure what is more useless, The Oscars or the Musical Crap glorified in the Grammys....they are stepping over dollars to pick up dimes....look no farther than the garbage put out as "entertainment" on Network TV.....none of it worth watching, unless you are some transgendered limp wrist with a Mommy Complex.
    small's likes this.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links