Qwerty & tom.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Qwerty & tom.

Qwerty & tom.

I was thinking ten boxes each for a thirty box total and my son Trevor a disabled Army Vet would love to take her down and pass out cookies with love! 10927817_10204660402662059_2124602923_o.jpg Q if you were here she wanted to give you a big hug and kiss. 10946080_10204660403982092_819151256_o.jpg 10946147_10204660413022318_1670114057_o.jpg 10951388_10204660400181997_353436993_o.jpg she is healing very well. Paul

My son said he would take pictures at the VA.

I am so proud of her!!!!! She looks lovely too! Remind her often that she is making a huge difference in the lives of those soldiers. Although I suspect that they will let her know that themselves. I will PM you in just a minute to work out how you would like me to send payments. Very very proud of that young lady.

Tom
    ZDR1 and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wow! The bruising around her eyes has gone done quite a bit just since the last picture. She is looking GREAT! Oh, I remember the tables covered with cookies. I was cookie mom one year. Lots of good memories.

Great pictures! Pick the best, crop it well, load on a flash drive, take it to Walmart and they will print you an 8x10, pick up a $5 frame, and let her give it to her parents just because. Might as well get one for yourself, too. Post a pic of her presenting her pic to her parents, then PM your PayPal and I'll pay up. Post a pic of her at the VA, and I'll pay up again. Post a pic of a VA staff member checking out her wound, and I'll pay up a third time.

Do tell Haley she is also raising money for her Boy Scout brothers in Ohio. Borneo, you're boys are going to have to wait for next payday so I can drop more cash in the PayPal account.

Smitty Blackstone likes this.

Qwerty, you are truly a generous man. However, I would love to see you find a small troop locally you could donate to. Many small troops don't have money for group gear and some of their kids can't afford summer camp. My troop is one of the most heavily funded in Indiana despite being a small town troop. I know I've mentioned it before, but my troop is truly unique in that many of the adult leaders started as cubs in that same chartering organization and then moved on to Boy Scouts...and they are still there decades later. Most of our old guys are incredibly hard working and successful and they heavily support their old troop, not only with their time, but also with their money. Most small troops in the area probably have an account balance of a few hundred dollars. Ours is in the tens of thousands. We subsidize summer camp for all the kids, and we subsidize high adventure trips as well. We also donate considerable manpower (boypower) and funds to local community projects. I truly appreciate your offer, but I know that it would gladden the heart of every adult and boy in Troop 169 if your generosity was bestowed on a truly needy and deserving group of brother Scouts.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

The moral of this story is simple. Get involved. Not just in your children's or families lives but in your communities as a whole. For me, it is the VFW that started it all. From there we started working with the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts. I have so little time to volunteer that I direct my energy towards fundraising. Chicken dinners, golf tournaments, car washes, and the like. I can organize from my van between service calls and it is surprisingly easy to get small businesses throughout the community to donate items. I have gotten far more out of my efforts than I ever put into them.

Tom
    ZDR1 and Smitty Blackstone like this.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Will do, Borneo. I've a pretty good idea where it can go and do a lot of good.

Borneo likes this.

I am at the point that I want to just stop and start over for 2015 I have not had time to ride my TW to busy working.

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    I am at the point that I want to just stop and start over for 2015 I have not had time to ride my TW to busy working.
    But then you would have to adjust your countdown to retirement! It would really suck adding work days to your calendar.

Tom

not necessary

Last edited by qwerty; 01-25-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    ZDR1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links