Qwerty be happy! Major Blizzard is upon us!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Qwerty be happy! Major Blizzard is upon us!

Qwerty be happy! Major Blizzard is upon us!

Be happy You are not trucking through eastern NY right now! Governor just banned all Tractor Trailer trucks on all state roads in 13 counties. At 11PM all non essential travel will be banned and a ticket of up to $300 will be issued if you don't have an essential ID. Only Police, Fire, EMS and some DOT and Utility workers will be exempted from travel.

NY City should get hammered pretty bad with 24-36 inches while counties further inland like me and Bucknutz should see between 12-18 inches. I am having a blast watching all the weather forecasters who can't agree on anything. One model shows no big snow totals while two others show a major dump is on the way. It all depends on what the storm does on the coast and they just don't know. If it pushes out off the coast then we get some relief but if it hugs the coast or moves inland a bit then we get hammered.

The good news. We are home and warm and cozy, wife has a snow day tomorrow, coal stove is stoked, fridge is stocked, plenty of wood for the fire place, New tractor with snow blower is fueled up and ready as is the whole house generator and I have a bunch of good movies to watch if the satellite dishes get buried. Let it snow!

GaryL
    TWilight, GTG, Dryden-Tdub and 2 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Man you are set up, let it snow!

Hope it's not too bad for you guys over there!

Blizzard of 1888: How 1 storm changed New York City forever
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

My son is in NYC near Central Park so I just texted him and asked how the blizzard is, his response:

"Not a lot yet. Maybe 6". Hoping for more!"
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    My son is in NYC near Central Park so I just texted him and asked how the blizzard is, his response:

"Not a lot yet. Maybe 6". Hoping for more!"
    Text him in the morning! The storm, if any of the models are right, is not supposed to get full blown until after midnight. We suffer through these prediction indecision's almost every time we get a Nor-Easter. Apparently it is very difficult tp determine what the storms will do once they get over the Atlantic waters. For sure they pick up tons of moisture but what direction they travel from there and how fast or slow they move is the unknown. Slow moving and remaining close is the devastating factors. We shall see!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Yep, they say 18 to 22" for me. Already have 7" that fell couple days ago. Got about 4" today so far, startin to pickup now. Got the same ban here. I wish my bike wasn't apart. I'd love to get it out in the snow and play. Damn.. Snow blower and generator are ready. Genny just incase....
    Last edited by Werloc; 01-26-2015 at 09:00 PM.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Drove in snow all day. Sitting in Dalton GA

LMAO! Blizzard Bust! I did not get more than 4 inches here and the weather forecasters are scrambling for answers as to how they got this disaster so wrong. As far as I know all the travel bans have been lifted and there is a lot of faces with egg all over them today. All the government offices got a free day off and this is nothing more than a little snow storm that we get regularly this time of year.

I always said that I should have been a weather man because they can be wrong all the time and still get a nice pay check! I do believe that Boston and points further north along the coast are getting hammered but it never happened here in NY, NJ or PA.

Oh Well----Never Mind!

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    LMAO! Blizzard Bust! I did not get more than 4 inches here and the weather forecasters are scrambling for answers as to how they got this disaster so wrong. As far as I know all the travel bans have been lifted and there is a lot of faces with egg all over them today. All the government offices got a free day off and this is nothing more than a little snow storm that we get regularly this time of year.

I always said that I should have been a weather man because they can be wrong all the time and still get a nice pay check! I do believe that Boston and points further north along the coast are getting hammered but it never happened here in NY, NJ or PA.

Oh Well----Never Mind!

GaryL
    Yep, free day off of work and only a few inches to shovel! I'm good with that!

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Yep, free day off of work and only a few inches to shovel! I'm good with that!
    Me Too rbm! Actually, I spent more time getting prepared for this no show blizzard than I will at cleaning it up! Kind of bummed out really because I want to see the new tractor and blower tear in to some real snow.

GaryL
    littletommy and Mel like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links