The algebraic formula for motorcycle ownership!
Close

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By kj7687
  • 4 Post By TW-Brian

Thread: The algebraic formula for motorcycle ownership!

The algebraic formula for motorcycle ownership!

KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

I think it's perfect!
    Motorcycle Formula.jpg
    Mel, Frank in WY, TWilight and 1 others like this.

That sure used to be my formula of adherence. But I've noted something since I hit my mid '50's...my desire for material things has started to wane. I find it shocking, given my lifelong love of "toys". But I am slowly moving toward the idea of downsizing a bit, spending more and more time fishing, hunting and camping and just using what I have. I don't know if it's unique to me, or it is something that happens on a frequent basis to men as they age. That being said, I just drove all the way to Bass Pro in Toledo after work to buy a power ice auger.

However, if anyone wants to spend sixty-five grand on an absolutely mint, one owner, 1994 Land Rover Defender 90 with only 14K original miles (stage III Safari Guard suspension too)...I got one for ya.
    Last edited by Borneo; 01-29-2015 at 05:08 AM.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    I am slowly moving toward the idea of downsizing a bit, spending more and more time fishing, hunting and camping and just using what I have. I don't know if it's unique to me, or it is something that happens on a frequent basis to men as they age.
    Same here. I've got 5 barns full of toys, projects, and stuff to support it all. It's somewhat organized but it's still difficult to find an unused flat spot or a new place to hang something. I'm in my late 60's now and realize life is too short to have so many 'things' that just don't fit my 'smell the roses' lifestyle. It seems that I get my endorphins in different ways nowadays.

I dread getting rid of the collections, not because it's hard to part with, but because of the hassle of selling everything. It's better than leaving it to an heir to do tho. When I do sell things, some of the buyers remind me of myself in the past when I'd find that certain doodad that I just had to have...

In spite of what I just said, the formula KJ7687 posted does still apply. Maybe it's because a motorcycle is such a good way to 'smell the roses' in life.

Sponosred Links