QWERTY I would like your input.
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: QWERTY I would like your input.

QWERTY I would like your input.

12000 lb. Off-Road Vehicle Electric Winch with Automatic Load-Holding Brake I can get this with the super coupon for $299.

12000 lb. Off-Road Vehicle Electric Winch with Automatic Load-Holding Brake

Why? 5 guys and a rope will do the same thing. Better yet, don't ride into stupid places. TWs don't have enough electrical system to do much good so I'd be sure to do some calculations. Last thing you want to do is cook your battery out in the boonies.

Not for the TW. but the Tacoma.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Oh, that's 12 thousand! Stupid dyslexia. I'd be okay with it for occasional use. Numbers look good, and it comes with a roller fairlead? Cool! Unless it's an absolute piece of Chinese crap it looks like a great deal. Have you seen one in person? My son and I just built an A-frame for pulling big truck engines and that would be a great replacement for a chain hoist at a much cheaper price.

No I have not seen one but for $299. I was going to buy the 2 inch hitch mount carrier for a whopping $49. and put it in the back of my truck in a case for just in case.

With the super coupon it is $299.

Mel
    Zdiver1,
    There are several things to consider with this winch. The rated pull will be on the first wrap of cable on the drum, fully charged battery, and cables with the capacity to feed the electric motor. That being said, it will take a quality set of cables to get your battery power to the back of the vehicle, so my guess would be, you will rarely get full pull out of this winch. That is not all bad as it preserves the tool. Last but not least, I don't think your Tacoma will stick to the ground good enough to pull 12000lbs. In summary, that is a good price for a winch that will do anything that your Tacoma will .
    Put a receiver under the front bumper and double the versability of it for both ends of the vehicle.
    Mel

I have run Warn M8000 front and rear on my 86 Toyota for 10 years now without a problem. You never regret buying the best.DSCF2576.JPGDSCF2542.JPG
    troll and TopPredator like this.

300 for that much power and with warrantee is not bad. I have a viper on my quad. 4500lbs. Still it is all about battery power. As I put a cab on my Rincon with a toolbox up front, before I get out this summer I am putting a 12v garden tractor battery in parallel with the quad battery for extra punch. The winch will be more efficient. I had a 2500lb up front before and it wouldn't pull another quad out of snow that didn't weigh 500lb. It didn't budge me so out with it and ut in a larger one. With more amps it should take care of things. Just won't tie down the quad from the rear so I don't stretch the frame.

rbm
    Be careful you don't tear your receiver out from under the truck with that winch, what's the weight rating of the hitch?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links