• 1 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 1 Post By Borneo
  • 1 Post By Borneo
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By littletommy
  • 2 Post By qwerty

Thread: 6 Weeks to Moab

6 Weeks to Moab

Yes, I know, just another in the long line of Moab Threads, both topside and down here in the "Basement"....but six weeks out, as of today, this old Geezer is getting pretty fired up....

After stumbling a bit around Christmas and the Holidays, my road to 178 pounds seems to be getting back on track, and my workout sessions in the Man Cave{personal basement} weight room are happening at least 3 times per week, as well as the 4-6 basketball games I officiate are helping me meet my goal...but if I end up at 182 or so, I can live with that, and ride with that...

The changes on the bike are ready...I need to change out the front tire{waiting for Nick to get his so we can get these done together} with the Michelin T63 130/80-18...when I get the TW up to Borneo's place we can switch out my stock rack for the Heavy Duty one he is lending me, so I can pack enough fuel along, and not bend or destroy the stock rack....other than that, I am going on this adventure ride....Stock! Might as well see how the stock chain, skid plate, etc, perform...if something goes haywire, I will have learned a valuable lesson before my next trip...

So as March 20th grows closer I am stocking up on some craft beers and ale, getting ready to buy a box or two of good cigars, and making sure my Life and Health Insurance is updated and in place....

We will be pulling out of Borneo's Ranch, Me, B, Nick, and the Weasel, on the morning of March 20th.....and hopefully arrive at the Moab KOA sometime in the afternoon hours of March 21st......I am more than ready!

Hoot's Planned T~Dub Adventures...Moab 2015, The Everglades and Key West 2016, Wisconsin TAT ? and Riding as much in the Summer in Lower Upper Michigan for as many years as I can
    TWilight likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Mike, believe it or not, when I was younger I would leave Friday morning early and be in Denver for a late supper. Trundle on to Moab the next day and arrive at a decent hour. Solo driving. Used to do the same thing for skiing, just didn't venture beyond Colorado for that. Not sure how we will divide the driving. I know from personal experience if we can get rolling at a decent hour the Weasel can ram us all the way to Denver in good fast order...ah, youth.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I plan on driving some, I'd rather drive or at least sit in the "Shot Gun" seat going over the mountains....me and back seat and hills and curves, don't mix well
    TWilight likes this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Geeze Hoot, I was gonna put the long legged guys up front.

I'll just be happy if my old Toyota makes it there and back.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Geeze Hoot, I was gonna put the long legged guys up front.

I'll just be happy if my old Toyota makes it there and back.
    Nick's got shorter legs than any of us....we can keep him in back the entire trip...I still owe him from a couple of Lake Erie Walleye Trips in his 22 footer, plus we don't want him driving, especially at night....night blind as a BAT...

Hidden Content

I wondered about that when I saw Nick standing next to his new TW. I chalked it up to camera angle.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TW2013 View Post
    That is about 1500 miles from the Borneo Ranch to Moab KOA. Are you folks going to be doing team driving....sharing the driving responsibilities ?
    Better bring along a couple cans of Fabreeze air spray, with 4 guys inside the cab of that truck.

Mike
    Bean Burrito's Not Allowed On This Trip!!
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Hell Tommy, you gotta remember 4 of us, at least, will be sharing that KOA Cabin, so after a week of up close and personal doings....we should be well aware of the snoring and smelling unique to each of us...

Hidden Content

Yep, you're right. The last time I traveled with my brother, he said I snored like a barn animal!
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Looks like my young buddy from Arkansas will be home (where Tdub2 is stored) for Moab, and his father, who is one of my ancient racing competitors, is stereotypical southern hillbilly, and rides a well worn DT360, may come along.

Hoot Gibson and Borneo like this.

Sponosred Links