Anybody have a 3d printer?
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tirebiter

Thread: Anybody have a 3d printer?

ELI's k-9 cannon needs a new part
    Last edited by Padilen; 02-06-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Nope. I was going to suggest public libraries in the area since Fort Wayne has them you can rent and use on site. But in looking online I see that Bed Bath and Beyond has them (K-9Kannons) for $20 so that really isn't an economically feasible suggestion.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

It's already his second one. This one isn't broke in pieces it has a roll pin that keeps falling out. A new part might work for awhile. The part needs to be nylon or have a small bushing in it. The first one broke on one side I assume because of the roll pin sliding out part way. I managed to keep it working until more parts broke.
    Here's the broken one minus the roll pin that's the problem.
    But on the other piece you can tell how short the roll pins are. The "slide" out of one edge.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423236273.483036.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423236293.065951.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423236311.601556.jpg
    I can't keep buying them and having them break. Looked looking for an alternative, that I could use. I can't throw enough or bend over that much. ELI gets so excited to play and then it's over. He doesn't understand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Would you be able to pull one of these? Not much to break. I can whomp a tennis ball a country mile with the one I have.

Attachment 13742
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I haven't tried one. I did try my wrist rocket FAIL. I thought about the scoop style Chuckit! Classic 26M Launcher (Colors Vary) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00006IX59...DVE8what's neat about the kannon is I can change up where ball goes. Shooting straight up or swinging it behind me. That makes ELI have to think. So he works his mind and body.
    Last edited by Padilen; 02-06-2015 at 11:10 AM.

The scoop hand throwers look pretty easy and cheap.

A short video about a high school physics class making launchers.

And if you feel really creative, one of these would be cool. At least it's fun to watch.

I couldn't believe the videos on you tube about tennis & golf ball launchers, like an adapter to screw on your AK47.

Where did that video come from. I'll edit it again! Ok now it's right.
    Tirebiter,
    Thanks for video I'll try and view them. I've found if I attach my cell phone- tether it to lap top I can usually view them.
    Last edited by Padilen; 02-06-2015 at 11:13 AM.

I hot glued the roll pin and then shaved off the excess and it's worked for 3 days ELI is happy.
    But so he has something todo I started to teach him to : Shake hands and sit up. 2 things that I have not taught my own dogs because the are not needed/normal. He's a smart boy learned it in 3 days and 4th day he is doing them without prompting.

Monday the "stud" that holds the trigger broke. Then ELI trashed my couch. The boy has to much energy ! Ok he didn't trash the couch he took the sheet cover off and then knocked cushions off. So I went back out to pole barn and made another attempt at repairing it. I took the old broken K-9 Kannon and used the green case halves with the newer broken K-9 Kannon trigger, plunged and rubber band.
    It lives again. Well at least for 2 days of play. I've looked at every king of ball throwing device- all have some issues. So I'm going to buy another K-9 Kannon for back up/replacement. When I have an extra 20.$

Sponosred Links