Good People, Bad People
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Good People, Bad People

Good People, Bad People

I am always amazed at the range of human behavior.
    Just today I was texting with one of our members who while walking his dog just found a wallet with quite a sizable amount of cash in it. He promptly turned it in. Excellent behavior, right?
    Less than a hour later after hearing this great story I get pick-pocketed at the mall while shopping for a Valentine's Day gift. Ironic, no?
    No wonder that when it is time to ride I turn my back on the city and ride off into the hills.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Be careful with this stuff! A friend found a wallet in the bathroom stall at the Home Depot. It contained no cash, just a drivers license and other ID. He turned it in and then got investigated and accused of being the thief. Apparently there had been a good deal of cash in it before he found it.

We are in a different world these days. My credit card has never been out of my possession or sight. In the last year my credit card account has been closed 4 times now and the numbers had to be changed and re issued because some creep was attempting to use my numbers. I don't know how they do it but it seems that some store employee where I use my card is gathering numbers and either trying to fake them or selling the numbers to those who do. We have a fairly standard weekly shopping routine and don't use our card outside of this routine much at all. Fortunately we have good protection with the credit card but for those who use a bank Debit card you might want to re think this activity as they are not nearly as secure and are linked directly to your bank accounts.

I get scam emails almost daily Phishing for my information and I am pretty sure you do too. The first thing I do every day when I turn on my computer is go to spam and delete it all and then I check emails and if I don't know the sender I delete them too.

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

The buggers do not need to ever "see" your card to access. They just access the info.
    Gaurding your card is smart but somewhat ineffective. Best to check account often
    as you can't be charged for charges you don't make. I had an enjoyable moment
    last year when I detected a fraudulent charge and was able to not only halt the charge but
    get the contact of the perp. Bozo had to be quite surprized when his package arrived!. Poison Oak extract oil soaked paper
    towels. FYI authorities wouldn't pursue charges. I used to a "cash only"person for many many years and had none of these hassles
    but then got married. Love being married, not so much some of the stuff with it.
    Mel and TWilight like this.
    Hidden Content
    Tonto
    on the "Left Coast"
    2015 BMW F700GS
    2005 Yamaha V Star 1100
    2018 Suzuki Van Van
    More Wagging and less Barking
    Make Love not War

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Interesting news story.
    http://www.upnorthlive.com/m/news/story?id=1161579
    The TC man thought he was helping. Oh really!
    Sorry Fred, when I first read your post I thought your friend was the victim.

The important thing is that we have free will and the paths we choose can make the world a better or worse place. In this case I prefer to think admirably of our fine member Mike's ( evan) honesty in contacting the police to get wallet and cash back to the rightful owner. Good man Mike! The loss of $900 or so in the wallet may or may not be life altering to the owner. However the return of it might be. It certainly confirmed my already excellent opinion of Mike. The wallet's owner might begin today with renewed faith in his fellow man and in turn may elect to do the honorable rather than greedy option himself sometime. Pay it forward folks, it is good for the soul.
    Last edited by Fred; 02-10-2015 at 10:20 AM.
    mhomadness, Dryden-Tdub and Peterb like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Way to go Mike !!!
    Fred likes this.

Padilen likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Call me a creep but I take a different view of this crap. The guy in Traverse City who was helping the gal in Uganda was most certainly doing it for some sort of financial gain. That IMO makes him an accomplice to the crime. If it smells like a pig it most likely is a pig. Suckers are born every day and scammers are born just as often. In today's world we need the radar on and working all the time.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

My wallet supposedly prevents rfid scans. I carry a bit of cash instead of whipping plastic simply to avoid such hassles. I have a separate account with a debit for regular pays such as PayPal or bills. Anything else goes through my daughter-in-law who works at my bank and issues a single use debit number and pin. Even with all these precautions I still have to change numbers once or twice a year.

Congratulations to Mike for his honesty in getting this loot back to a veteran.
    I post this since Mike is too humble to mention it himself yet I thought he truly deserves recognition.
    Last edited by Fred; 02-10-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links