The Greatest Generation
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: The Greatest Generation

The Greatest Generation

A good friend of mine posted this, check it out, you will like it.
    Man who lived modestly donates millions

rbm
    Great story!
    Ebbanflood and TWilight like this.

+1 Hope estate taxes don't gobble up too much and limit his bequeathals.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like a good man to have for a neighbor....for who he was, NOT because of his money.

Ummmmm............Are you referring to Borneo or the man in the story? One more thing, a man named Read donating his money to a Library.....awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbanflood View Post
    Ummmmm............Are you referring to Borneo or the man in the story?
    Borneo would be a great neighbor but I was referring to Mr Read...in the story.

Wow. This thread was closed yesterday and hours later there is an identical thread posted.

This one is closed too.

After talking to Nick, I'm going to reopen this thread. Mainly because I think that the main point of the thread. Let's discuss this thread as it should be. BTW when was the last time you have done a general act of kindness?

Tracy
    Hoot Gibson, TWilight, GTG and 1 others like this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

About a half hour ago. Went to the store and bought some Valentine candy and a card to give a dying friend to give his poor wife on Friday. She won't be expecting it, since he is housebound, dying and in bed.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TW2013 View Post
    WOW, I am very impressed that littletommy did that. Very cool, and I mean that. You did about the most perfect thing another person could do for that man.

I am now sitting in a motel room in Bend, OR. I usually ride a much longer distance than what I did today, but my back has been an issue, and I am testing the waters with my current health issues. Will continue down to Carson City, NV. tomorrow morning.

LT, good on ya, brother.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, I appreciate that. This guy is in his last 60 days or so and I feel so sorry for him. I especially feel so bad for his wife. She is so afraid for her future and what is coming. She has not dealt with it well and is just a wreck. I can only imagine what it will be like after he dies. It will take everything I've got to help her hang in there after Jack dies. I gave them my word that I would hang in there all the way with them to the end, and I will. I had drummed up a couple other neighbors to help, but they have already bailed out and don't go check on them anymore. He had a couple other friends as well that are no longer calling or checking on him. I'm the only one now. I understand that. No one want's to be around the reality of dying. Most folks don't know what to do, so they do nothing. I feel the opposite, I don't know what to do either, but I'm going to do something, anything's better than nothing. I try to take over a meal once a week and visit 2 or 3 times a week. I can tell it means a lot to him, her also. As I was sitting here this morning, I was thinking about Valentines day and the thought came to me to get him something to give his wife since he won't be able to get out. I thought it was a great idea! She will be blessed when he tells her that he loves her in the card and gives her the candy. She deserves it, she is trying so hard. What choice does she have, right? She will probably put 2 and 2 together and figure it was me, but who cares?, she will be touched in the moment. My hope and prayer is that he will find Christ as his savior before it's too late. I'm doing my best to point the way...

Thanks again Mike, drive safe and have a good time!

*it was really just an excuse to drive the TW to the store.
    Last edited by littletommy; 02-11-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links