Looks like I am going to Moab with some miserable people.
Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoot Gibson
  • 1 Post By qwerty
  • 1 Post By ZDR1
  • 2 Post By GaryL

Thread: Looks like I am going to Moab with some miserable people.

Looks like I am going to Moab with some miserable people.

Looks like I am going to Moab with some miserable people. The 10 most miserable states in America

Maybe they just need some of your good old Arid-Zona sunshine and ever expanding economic opportunities.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by zdiver1 View Post
    Looks like I am going to Moab with some miserable people. The 10 most miserable states in America
    I would say it was a Liberal *hit piece...but with South Dakota, Montana, and some others rated so high....? Who knows?
    Hikerglenn likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Don't worry about it Z. Indiana apparently rates high on the misery index, but the two from Indiana that I know are going are two of the most happy go lucky chaps you will ever meet.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

[QUOTE=TW2013;172017]Paul it will all balance out, given those of us from the HAPPY states that will be coming to Moab.

Happy....Happy....Happy

Washington has LOTS of happy people in it, due to the evil weed. National news said the other day that there was a glut of weed and Washingtonians couldn't even smoke it all there was so much.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Ohio should have been rated higher. I meet lots of pleasant folks every time I go to Ohio. How come Tennessee isn't an armpit state. It sucks.

Hoot Gibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Ohio should have been rated higher. I meet lots of pleasant folks every time I go to Ohio. How come Tennessee isn't an armpit state. It sucks.
    Ohio's Problems.....90% of the state area is small towns and rural...my county has the lowest unemployment rate in the state{out of 88 counties} at 2.6%...has been the lowest for many years as it's farm income has been the highest. The rural and small cities and towns{those under 15,000 population} are not the problem....Cleveland, Akron, Dayton, Cincy, Toledo, Youngstown, etc....these dumps make up about 10% of the land, and 90% of the violent crime and unemployment.....on the other hand, our weather sucks throughout the state.
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 02-22-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Hoot I live 12 miles from the new Cleveland and Cincinnati http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/sprin...k.jsp?c_id=cin and 5 from the Padres and Mariners and 6 from the Dodgers and White sox and 6 from the KC Royals and Texas Rangers and 11 from the Milwaukee Brewers. so when I retire I will be bouncing around.
    Last edited by ZDR1; 02-21-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

That study does have some merit! When I was the GM at a big Honda/Kawasaki and KTM shop it was in Belfry, KY and right across a river from Williamson WV. The Hatfield/McCoy trail system was in my back yard and we sold a lot of ATVs and dirt bikes. I loved the job and really did enjoy the landscape. My wife hated every minute of being there and said it was the A hole of the country. Basically good folks but with some very bad attitudes and it showed just about everywhere we went. The shop owner was a complete jerk and the service department was the biggest rip off I have ever seen. I was in a constant battle just trying to do right by the customers and loosing the battle every day. I think most of the customers walked through the doors thinking they have to screw us more than we screwed them and it sucked! Getting the shop mechanic to do right by the customers was like pulling teeth and a lot of the folks didn't have many teeth left to yank. I don't believe we ever met more than a handful of good and happy folks all the while we were there. The coal mines were plagued by new hires who went to work for the sole purpose of getting hurt so they could claim an injury and collect a monthly check for the rest of their lives. Zombies were everywhere all hopped up on heavy pain killers for ailments that mostly didn't exist. Being a Yankee from NY and coming from a career in law enforcement was a recipe for disaster and was not in our program. The shop could have been an absolute gold mine but not with the mindset of those above and around me. I told the wife it was impossible to soar like an Eagle when I am flying with a flock of Turkeys. We bailed and came right back to NY. Still have far too many turkeys around but we live far enough off the grid that we don't have to deal with them too much.

GaryL
    TWilight and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links