A Hammer to History
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: A Hammer to History

A Hammer to History

Does anyone see any logical inconsistency is ISIS publishing propaganda imagry of them smashing ancient works of art simply because the artwork depicts human images? Does not the propagnda video imagery contain the human imagery also? I need some fundamentalist muslim to explain all this to me, after all I am only an infidel.
    Dryden-Tdub, GaryL and TWilight like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Maybe this will help explain it Fred.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Thanks for lightening this up Tom, some of the world's current events are perhaps too gruesome or depressing for even the basement. The Jeff Dunham was great, better than thinking about extremists smashing the cultural heritage of their region, literally taking a hammer to history.
    Last edited by Fred; 02-26-2015 at 11:07 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Does anyone see any logical inconsistency is ISIS publishing propaganda imagry of them smashing ancient works of art simply because the artwork depicts human images? Does not the propagnda video imagery contain the human imagery also? I need some fundamentalist muslim to explain all this to me, after all I am only an infidel.
    Good luck finding a "fundamentalist Muslim" with the guts to speak up. We "Infidels" can't possibly understand what drives these lunatics.

Even other Muslims are not immune to the brand of terror these radicals are selling. You either agree with them or it is off with your head! Accordingly, any image in the human form that is not of Allah is subject to destruction and they don't care what the ancient significance of the piece is.

I honestly believe if we put an impenetrable fence around the entire middle east and left them alone they would fight and kill until there was just one man left standing. A Parasite will suck from the host until the host dies at which point there is no life left for itself. These fools are as warped as any evil that has ever roamed this earth and what scares me the most is they are living among us all.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Consider the source......reminds me of the idiots in this country, who by protesting something they dislike/disagree with, they burn down their own damn cities and neighborhoods....you can't fix stupid, or evil, by trying to treat either group with kid gloves....
    TWilight and keithmaine like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Let's be clear, I am NOT defending these murderous plagues on society. I have all kinds of thoughts on how they should be dealt with, but Hoot has such a better way with words that I will defer to his expositive solution. (or will it be explative?)

But to destroy antiquities, is that really so big of a leap? They regularly round up groups of people they don't like, parade them through town, and summarily execute them with pocket knives by sawing their heads off. All in the name of their god. As for inconsistencies, legalists are often very consistent. They are living by the letter of some law, not by the obvious principle behind said law. In this case their laws disallow them from having graven images, because they were not supposed to worship other gods, and gods at the time their scriptures were written, were always carved into something. So legally they can't have a statue, but because their scriptures were written long before TV and the Internet, they can have video. It only looks inconsistent to you because you are using your brain.

I think we are all a little guilty of that. Take radical feminists for example. They voraciously defend their right to an abortion. Yet, they dutifully agree with their liberal overlords that a woman does not have the right to carry a weapon to defend herself against say, a rapist. Somehow that makes perfect sense to them, yet to me that looks silly. If you have a right to your body, then you have a right to defend your body.

Jesus Christ dealing with the same kind of stupidity, said woe to you religious people, who give a tenth of your spices, mint, dill and cumin because the law requires it, but have neglected the more important matters of the law - justice, mercy and faithfulness. I think what he meant was we have laws, in his example, tithing, and they are there for a purpose, but don’t forget the intent, or the big picture, which in his example, the tithe was to be used to help those in need thus the reference to mercy. So who gives a crap if you scoop a little bit off your bottle of dill weed and give it to the church, if you won’t help someone who really needs it. (There is a lot more to unpack here, but this a motorcycle forum after all.)

There seems to be some confusion between the terms, Radical Muslims and Moderate Muslims. Think about this for a few minutes.

Radical Muslims are the warriors on the front lines doing the fighting. It does not matter where they are fighting the Jihad or holy war. These are the fighters and they have no means of financial support because they do nothing but fight, make no products to sell and rely upon others for everything from food to ammunition and weapons.

This is where the Moderate Muslims come to the fight. They possess the same beliefs yet they masquerade as Moderates so they may roam among us, have jobs and businesses and give the money to the Radicals to support the warring. Saudi Arabia is not necessarily directly involved in the fighting and barbarism but they certainly are financing all of it. Those here in the states claim to be Moderates but follow the money and it becomes very clear they too are involved. In my opinion the person who provides a killer with a gun or bomb is every bit as guilty as the killer himself.

We see these killings every day and many of those killed are in fact Muslims. A Muslim who is not financially supporting the Jihad is fair game and non believers to be disposed of.

The Koran is their instruction manual and much the same as the Christian and Jewish Bible. Like the Bible has both old and new testaments, the Koran has been written, re written and translated numerous times and all the subsequent writings tend to be toned down from the original. Some say this toning down is for the benefit of the western world and overall acceptance of the religion.

The real Koran is a very scary book and instruction manual indeed and clearly states that non believers must be exterminated. We can never know what is truly in the hearts of the Muslims we come in contact with anywhere in this world. A religion that approves of honor killing your own daughter, wife or son for many different reasons remains stuck in ancient teachings from a book that was evil from the start.

GaryL

Interesting read here!

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2015/02...oderate-islam/
    Last edited by GaryL; 02-27-2015 at 12:05 PM.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

A sort of, but not really funny video about the number of moderate Islamic people.

Fred and Hoot Gibson like this.

Dryden-Tdub and Hoot Gibson like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Answered the phone while gassing up his scooter! Too funny. I watched that before posting the other but they were both very funny.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links