The Army’s Spectacular Hidden Treasure Room / You have to see this!
Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By littletommy
  • 1 Post By Fred

Thread: The Army’s Spectacular Hidden Treasure Room / You have to see this!

The Army’s Spectacular Hidden Treasure Room / You have to see this!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson...oom#.dqG0E7KZ2

Very Interesting, hope you enjoy!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

A wonderful facility whose collection, archival and storage is all paid by the public but inaccessible to the public. I bet auctioning a few items or a painting or two from Herr Hitler would generate the funds necessary to build, staff and operate the proposed museum.

I do appreciate the motion sensing security and convenience lights. I have long proposed this for all public and private security lighting. The reduction in light pollution and energy consumption would be significant. Why light entire areas after hours when no one is there except to provide illumination for the convenience of thieves and criminals. How much easier for security forces to only need to focus interest on areas where lights come on. No lights on in that parking lot? No problem then. Lights come on? Investigate then! This could reduce needed vigilance and security staff needed by probably 80%. Rather than numerous bored guards scanning dozens of security cameras of illuminated but inactive areas in such boredom that they become inattentive they could be replaced by a single individual needing to be alert for a light to come on. I have motion sensing lights. When they come on they get my attention. They don't waste my attention and energy when they are not on. And of course they come on when I need to use the area, turn off after I am done and gone. Nice to see the government do one thing right.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    A wonderful facility whose collection, archival and storage is all paid by the public but inaccessible to the public. I bet auctioning a few items or a painting or two from Herr Hitler would generate the funds necessary to build, staff and operate the proposed museum.

I do appreciate the motion sensing security and convenience lights. I have long proposed this for all public and private security lighting. The reduction in light pollution and energy consumption would be significant. Why light entire areas after hours when no one is there except to provide illumination for the convenience of thieves and criminals. How much easier for security forces to only need to focus interest on areas where lights come on. No lights on in that parking lot? No problem then. Lights come on? Investigate then! This could reduce needed vigilance and security staff needed by probably 80%. Rather than numerous bored guards scanning dozens of security cameras of illuminated but inactive areas in such boredom that they become inattentive they could be replaced by a single individual needing to be alert for a light to come on. I have motion sensing lights. When they come on they get my attention. They don't waste my attention and energy when they are not on. And of course they come on when I need to use the area, turn off after I am done and gone. Nice to see the government do one thing right.

Although I am not 100% positive, I am nearly certain that my company provides the security for that facility. We do a lot of high security facilities for these types of buildings. Some really high speed stuff out there for these types of places.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sensor lights are great. My house in Texas was home territory to many copperheads so I put up a cheap jar lamp about every 12 feet all the way around. 25W industrial incandescents provided a soft glow just above eye level, while the lamps kept the sky dark. A couple inches of aluminum foil painted flat white around the top of each jar reflected all the available light down to the ground, so the effect was an even, soft white glow that allowed walking around the house with good visibility when work hours required maintenance and repairs be done in the dark. A sensor in the center of each wall was hardwired to all the lights on that wall so as one came around a corner the entire next set of lights would illuminate.

Funny thing was the electrical supply and home stores wanted $25-30 each for long range 270* sensors, and Walmart sold a flood lamp fixture with the same sensor for $10. I took the sensors off the lamps and used the lamps on switches for work lights in the shop. The sensors mounted under the eves in plastic boxes. Easy peasy. I also had a wireless door bell hooked to each sensor to warn of daytime intruders.

All it takes is a little common since, and America could have beautiful night skies again. What a shame most of our children/grandchildren will never see the Milky Way.

Sponosred Links