March, In Like a Lion....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: March, In Like a Lion....

March, In Like a Lion....

6 or 7 inches of snow to greet the new month came rolling in Saturday night overnight, and all day yesterday...to bad for the wife, Patricia, I was lowered the boom by a nasty case of stomach flu, which appeared for hours coming out of both ends. It looks like I picked it up Friday while in Centerville watching the Grandsons. So far she hasn't got it, but son and daughter-in-law got the joy of it as well.

At least it wasn't Moab Week

Anyhow as the snow, albeit light and fluffy, as opposed to heavy/wet type, piled up, the wife was charged with getting the walks and driveway cleared...including my soon to be 91 year old mom's....I spent most of Sunday in bed, and frankly am still out of it this morning....while wife headed off to work.

Anyway this puts a new meaning of "Coming in like a Lion"{in my case "Coming out of me, like a Lion}....but I've got a full 2 1/2 weeks to recover...I guess the good news is...I dropped 7 pounds in 48 hours{shows you just how bad it was}...which puts me back on target, weight wise{but not exactly how you want to go about hitting that goal}
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

GTG
    The Perfect (sh*t)Storm. Feel better soon man.
    Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.
    "200 cubic centimeters of raw whining power,
    no outstanding warrants for my arrest.
    hi diddle dee dee.
    god damn!
    the pirate's life for me!"

whiners lmao we have areas of Maine that got 90 inches of snow in the last three weeks. I only have about 4 ft of packed down snow in the yard now temps got up to 25 degrees yesterday nice to have it back to Tee shirt weather. Just think of how much snow and how cold it would be if it were not for global warming
    2015 CSC RX3, TW200 2013 (for sale), 2011 Ural Gobi, 1995 GL1500SE (for sale)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Once again you sent your nasty weather directly to my house. Snowed all day and evening last night and I woke up to another foot of your crap! Going out to start the clean up around lunch time.

Sorry about your battle with the flu. I hate those 1-2 days deals that take so much out of us. My wife has been sickly almost every weekend all winter long and I have been one lucky fellow for not getting any of her bugs. Seems like every week she has office employees come to work ill and passing this stuff around to all they have contact with. It has been a very bad winter with bugs floating around and I try to avoid being around anyone just so I don't get infected.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sucks to be you. And soon to be me. As we here in the great PNW are going into the greatest riding season any of us can remember. We need snow in a bad bad way. As fun as it is now, the fun will not last long. We are able to ride into places we usually only dream of this time of year. I mean places we can't even get to for another 2 even 3 months. We are looking at a future of bad forest fire season and closed Forest's. You will ride soon brother, I will most likely be locked up. Oops I mean out.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.

The Wifey Loving her Life....{snicker} the women works herself to the extreme, and then this happens...not all that much snow, but when doing two corner lots with our being a large/long drive{with gravel, so you can only use the Snow Blower on parts...}I'm sure she was dragging herself out of the sack this morning....

In like a Lion 001.JPGIn like a Lion 003.JPGIn like a Lion 004.JPG
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

Sending sympathy, best wishes , and hopefully some sunshine eventually your way Pat. That flu can be a killer, literally. Say, if you keep loosing weight those new boots might be too loose. Better give them to me so I can break them in for you properly in Moab.

I spent the weekend tearing out wife's kitchen, my pre-paid penance for permission to play in Moab with fellow Trail Warriors...cabinets, appliances, old flooring ripped out while mild snowstorm raged outside. Now most of it is buried and frozen in back of my truck beneath snow. I shall have fun unloading at dump this morning on my way to another job. May have to chip some of it out. Months of sunny fair weather before now and of course storm arrives the day new cabinetry is delivered. So much for efficient plan of outdoor deck storage adjacent to work site, new stuff is all squirreled away downstairs in garage. Life is still good, no flu here yet.
    Hoot Gibson and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I've not had to shovel snow in seventeen years but I still get the flu.......But I don't have to shovel snow!!

This is the first time I have had any flu in probably 30 years{that my aging feeble mind can remember} Have not received a flu shot since my Air Force days...{they don't work for this type of virus anyway}...I don't shovel snow either...I use the snow blower, but the wife wasn't sure how to maneuver it in the gravel part of the driveway.... Told her I would give her lessons the next storm, which may be coming up by Wednesday, with -5 to follow on Thursday...

I am going to be real rusty by the time we hit Moab, but better than poor Nick, who has yet to claim aboard his 2015...still sitting in his garage with 0.6 miles on it....
    Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 03-02-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Hidden Content

The news said it could be 60* here in a week or so...

Gee Whiz, I'm getting tired of this "no winter" stuff!

NOT!!!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links