Today
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Today

Today

This little guy was getting some sun on the beach today. There is so much Herring around and these guys are full. Flounder season will open when we are in Moab and when I get home Striped Bass will be a few short weeks away. Life is good my friends!
    Dryden-Tdub, Fred, GaryL and 1 others like this.

Kind of makes me want to run up and give him a hug. Amazing eye contact in that picture.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Yeah Tom, he was adorable. I usually give them plenty of room but he had an injury on his pectoral fin that I wanted to look at. It was fine, a fresh wound with no infection and probably got it from another seal while chasing fish. We have a local organization that will come and care for the injured ones, he was so friendly that I thought he was hurt worse than he was. After about an hour in the sun he walked back to the water and started fishing again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good on you for caring about his/her well being. I rescued a wounded coyote over this past weekend. The snow was so deep he never knew he was stepping into the top strand of barbed wire on a cattle fence. Luckily I travel with an old heavy canvas covered sleeping bag in the winter months just to be safe in case of a breakdown. Threw the bag over him and gently pinned him while I freed his leg. He hadn't been stuck long as he suffered only a few shallow cut's and scrapes. Normally I hunt these critters to help maintain a healthy balance between, them, deer, rabbits, and turkeys. The coyote numbers are down over the last two winters and this was a young male maybe 25lbs. Some years you hunt them. Other years you risk getting bitten saving one

Tom
    Fred likes this.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

I've heard seals make good Great White bait.

Nice job Tom! That would have been a slow and agonizing way to go. Very glad that you helped him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    Good on you for caring about his/her well being. I rescued a wounded coyote over this past weekend. The snow was so deep he never knew he was stepping into the top strand of barbed wire on a cattle fence. Luckily I travel with an old heavy canvas covered sleeping bag in the winter months just to be safe in case of a breakdown. Threw the bag over him and gently pinned him while I freed his leg. He hadn't been stuck long as he suffered only a few shallow cut's and scrapes. Normally I hunt these critters to help maintain a healthy balance between, them, deer, rabbits, and turkeys. The coyote numbers are down over the last two winters and this was a young male maybe 25lbs. Some years you hunt them. Other years you risk getting bitten saving one

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I've heard seals make good Great White bait.
    And here I thought Rangers made the best bait?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbanflood View Post
    Nice job Tom! That would have been a slow and agonizing way to go. Very glad that you helped him.
    It pains me to see animals suffer needlessly. I also believe that my actions or inaction's will someday be called into account. Good stewards and all................

Tom
    Fred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbanflood View Post
    Planking is popular with animals too!!!
    Fred likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links