Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Borneo
  • 1 Post By Werloc
  • 4 Post By GaryL

Thread: No wonder I'm so healthy...

No wonder I'm so healthy...

Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

After 40 years living with Airedales in the House, I must be missing them, came down with a damn sinus infection yesterday, albeit not bad, but did give me a Sinus Headache...maybe it's time to go shopping for a new Airedale when I return from Moab....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I remember Mike Rowe, from that show Dirty Jobs, did a show about germs a year or so ago. One part was about, Who has a cleaner mouth, You or your Dog? They had a clear clean piece of plexi glass. Had a few different dogs, at a dog park, lick the plexi glass, just after licking themselves, the ground, and other dogs in the park. Now, you know what parts of themselves dogs love to lick. Then, Mike, a few guys and gals from his camera crew, and a random few other people licked different pieces of plexi glass to be tested. Both labeled, then taken directly to a testing lab. The dogs mouths were "by far", cleaner, having "much" less harmful (to humans) germs and bacteria, than the humans did. That being said, it's safer for humans to kiss a dog, than it is another human. Hard to believe, but true. Kinda makes ya think..... Hey, After dinner, I always let my dogs lick my plates clean. Even though, they get washed, look how I turned out.... ......................
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Most parents today would freakout if a dog licked their child.That's if they ever let it outside the plastic bubble.

Interesting! Never really gave this angle any thought. Grew up with dogs (and other animals), and except for a relatively short transition period after leaving home at 17yrs to go make it on my own, I've always had at least one dog.
    Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
    It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

My brother was a K-9 dog handler for the prison system. His dog was a very large German Shepard with a rather large set. After a drug search at the jail my brother and his dog were in the Superintendent's office and the dog promptly laid down and began licking himself. The Supt. looked at the dog and said, "Dam, I wish I could do that". Without skipping a beat my brother said, "Go ahead, he'll let you". Not one of his brightest moments what with a half dozen other officials all standing around laughing their asses off!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links