Worlds Longest Motorcycle
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TopPredator

Thread: Worlds Longest Motorcycle

Worlds Longest Motorcycle

I watched a Progressive Insurance Commerical about the Worlds Longest Motorcycle. I Googled it and found this site. I had a good laugh and I figured I would share it.

image.jpg

IN these days of soaring fuel prices it could be the perfect answer for a Hell's Angels chapter keen to keep costs down. Colin Furze's 72ft motorbike can seat 25 – and what's more he's proved it can be driven at speeds of 35mph.
    Admittedly only Mr Furze was on the bike at the time of the test drive, but with a few suspension modifications it's possible he could load up with passengers, as pictured here.
    The Lincolnshire plumber, at the head of the bike, used one-and-a-half 125cc mopeds and an extended aluminium frame to create the machine. He is hoping it will be recognised as the world's longest motorbike by the Guinness Book of Records.

He managed to get the bike, which is worth around £3,000, up to 35mph, but found it almost impossible to steer.
    'When I first got on it I thought it would never work and at a slow speed it's almost impossible to keep upright.
    'But once you get going it becomes a bit easier, although it is a real strain on your arms as it has such heavy steering.

Read more: Plumber Colin Furze, 31, builds the world's longest motorbike with 25 seats | Daily Mail Online
    TWilight likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Hehehe!

Watched some of his other clips, the guy is quite resourceful (and certifiable)!
    Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
    It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
    And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Dog View Post
    Hehehe!

Watched some of his other clips, the guy is quite resourceful (and certifiable)!
    I'll check them out. Life with the Internet is a lot more interesting. What a fun time to be alive. Here we are 8,311 miles apart (as the crow flies) laughing about a motorcycle.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by TopPredator; 04-05-2015 at 05:28 AM.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Sponosred Links