Gear Storage
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Gear Storage

Gear Storage

I've been trying to draw up a little rack for my gear when not in use. Something that has a spot for my helmet, a hanger for my jacket, boots, gloves and backpack. Something I can put on the wall by my door but looks good. What does everyone here do?

For the bike, or at home?
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I just got a new tablet so excuse me if these photos are not coming in correctly I really don't know what I'm doing here but I'm trying to show my gear storage.

glove box.jpggear storage.jpg

I see things came in sideways it's a coat rack hung on the wall with the box on it that I can store things in then I have a little wooden box with a lid that I have not painted yet like I did the coat rack and I store gloves in it I call it my glove box. The rack on the wall holds a lot of weight and I put a little bench below it I kind of put my foot up there as I'm putting my boots on I also stash my helmet there. Not really elaborate I also keep a lot of gear in the coat closet right next to this entry way but the gear that I wear often I keep right there hanging. Just got this tablet yesterday first one I've ever had. I don't know why the pictures are sideways and upside down.

Arghhh.....I am on my laptop so I decided to edit this post again but I don't know how to rotate the photos.
    Well, if nothing else, I'm tenacious....not perfect but a hing easier to see.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dette; 04-06-2015 at 07:26 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I'm working on a CT for camping toy hauling so thanks OP for posting. At home, my stuff is hanging in closet and helmet is on bike. Other helmets are boxed and on my bookshelf, other gear is in totes. Need ideas for CT.

I reckon an old wall locker might to do the trick, I reckon I may be try to reinvent this wheel a little. I like Dette's set up. Simple, organized.

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    I see that Dette has followed the Washington State TW Riders' protocol, and neatly organizes all of her riding gear....as it should be done.
    We are still working on the big guy...PlumbStraight...to hang his coat up once in awhile, but after years of just tossing it wherever he damn well pleases...it is hard to break an old dog of old tricks.

Mike
    After tossing my jacket on a stump, a log or if lucky a broken branch on a treetrunk, covering up a classy knob sticking out of a board on a wall in the house just doesn't seem right.
    TWilight, dette and SanDue like this.

I actually have more gear hanging in the entryway closet and a Rubbermaid tub in my closet with a lot of gear like long johns, water proof socks, etc. Then two more Rubbermaid tubs in the garage, one with camping gear and another with day packs and a couple of hydration packs. Gear seems to accumulate and I keep giving it away but I always seem to have more than you would think I need. I don't know about you all but I do use most of it, some is Gortex, some is mesh, some heated then there are things better suited for off-road along with items I might only wear to a Star event like a vest with appropriate patches. Organization is key or I would never be able to find what I need.
    TWilight, plumbstraight and SanDue like this.

During the season, everything is in my office room on the couch and helmets on top of a wall unit cube shelf thing. I'd like to keep everything together in a very large gear/duffle bag. This way I grab one thing knowing I have everything I need in it for when I load bike on my truck and go somewhere. But, I like to air everything out. During winter, everything is in a closet.
    Bob

When in doubt, Gas It..!!!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

With the garage for the bike, everything is just hung off the handlebars or tossed on a nearby shelf. Boots are sitting on the floor just inside the front door.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

I have a spot in the garage:

Bought a set up for a closet at home Depot.
    littletommy likes this.

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links