How to Choose Concealed Carry Insurance
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How to Choose Concealed Carry Insurance

How to Choose Concealed Carry Insurance

Unfortunately in Maryland it is extreamly difficult to get a carry permit. If the laws ever loosen where I'm able to carry in Maryland I would give serious consideration to adding additional insurance to my policies. Over the years I have read a few horror stories in the NRA Magazines where individuals are destroyed financially in lawsuits. In the heat of the moment people make mistakes and it's oblivious from the Police shootings in our news these days. I believe the last thing any of us want to happen is having to defend our selfs with a gun.

Borneo, From your prospective as a lawyer can you elaberate on this topic.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-t...rry-insurance/
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

No, I really can't. I'm unfamiliar with that insurance product.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I listen to talk radio some, and USCCA is advertised on one of the programs I listen to. United States Concealed Carry Assoc. is the organization I think. They provide lawyers for your defense in the event you have to use your weapon to kill someone who needs killin'. Kansas has just passed concealed carry without a license. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Not needing a license from the State for a God given and Constitutionally protected right.....I know how I feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    I listen to talk radio some, and USCCA is advertised on one of the programs I listen to. United States Concealed Carry Assoc. is the organization I think. They provide lawyers for your defense in the event you have to use your weapon to kill someone who needs killin'. Kansas has just passed concealed carry without a license. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
    87bags and Smitty Blackstone like this.

Here in Washington we have the usual background check to get a ccp. The only problem I have with it is that what I pack is hard to conceal. I figure if I ever have to use it I don't want to be in court with them standing there saying it was his upbringing that made him do what he did and it is society's fault. Thereby him getting shot was all my fault.
    Hekkler and Smitty Blackstone like this.

Check out the Castle Laws in MD (if they have any there). It all boils down to politics and your locale. Much depends on what your local law enforcement or sheriff allows. In KY your ARE allowed to defend yourself and your property. If they are in the house they are fair game as long as you do not shoot them in the back. If they are outside on your property then I would not shoot unless they had a weapon because it could be argued you could still retreat. If they are threatening or causing physical harm they are also fair game. No hunting tags required either.

Luckily, where I reside the sheriff and his deputies do not play around and are firm believers in the right to bear arms. That's why he keeps getting re-elected too. He made a statement that if Obama or anyone imposes gun laws they would not be enforced either. This is the very reason this area is very nice and the thugs don't even want to travel thru playing their games. They know it will not end well for them.

That said, once you go to Ohio it's another story because of the way they vote etc; Fine with me because I don't have to deal with all of that mess either. There was an incident where an older gentleman shot and killed some thieving junkie not far from here a few years ago. He had been robbed a time or two before when he was not home. They broke in again and he killed one. No trial, no law suits, nothing and that is the way it should be. They did take his gun for a few weeks but returned it after they investigated. In the mean time a local gun shop donated a new gun to the man.

On the news he said he wish he could have killed all three of them but the other two scattered as the one he shot stumble out. They charged the other two crack heads with man slaughter because they were the cause of their crack head buddies death. Karma and justice wrapped up into one.

I have zero problem sending someone out in a body bag to defend my wife, kids, and home. As far as I am concerned as soon as they come in they are a serious threat. You never know what they intend to do or will do. If they are ballsy and crazy enough to break into a home then they are definitely ballsy or crazy enough to kill, rape, and pillage. It is rumored that a kill works out better than a wound for obvious reasons. Hopefully myself nor anyone else will ever be in this type of a situation but that's not how things seem to work out this day and age. That said, it is way better to be prepared and have your last option. I commend the older gentleman for cleaning up society also. Cops didn't have any problems with it either.
    Last edited by 87bags; 04-14-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Ride Safe.......You're the BUMPER!Hidden Content

2003 Yamaha TW200
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2005 BMW K1200S
    2009 Honda 420 Rancher 4x4
    Hill Billy Bags

Maryland signed in the Castle Doctrine in 2010 Took them long enough. We elected a republican governor on the last election. Gov Hogan promised to address our CCW Laws but we still have a Democratically controlled House.
    Check out this video where Jack Mc Cauley goes before the MD Senate.

Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Video sheds a lot of light when a State Trooper supports CCW permits and laws. They are the guys that have to deal with crime, violence, and guns on the front lines. Problem is the politics involved and politicians keeping their votes and playing the game. Simple math.

As for any type of policy you might want to contact your insurance co. or agent and just ask. Most attorneys will represent and sue anyone (insurance) or any entity IF they can squeeze a nickel out of them. Uninsured felons toting guns are exempt since they usually have no money, insurance policies, or property to take so the lawyers seem to pass on them. That's another issue and mess. They know insurance co.'s will pay out quickly to avoid attorney's fees. Simple math. Look at all of the ambulance chasers. They take up a large portion of any given phone book.

What is sad and horribly wrong nowadays is the fact that most attorneys and politicians could care less about right or wrong and doing the right thing. It's all about their PERSONAL bank accounts and bottom line. This system has the best legal system YOUR MONEY can buy you. It is also sad that law abiding citizens trying to protect themselves must think about and defend the onslaught and aftermath for taking a correct and justified action. This sorry politically correct hype has simply gone way too far and is out of control just like the politicians that push it for their own personal gain. BOTH sides of the fence because the all are a bunch of lying suck asses.

Attorneys have absolutely nothing to lose by rolling the dice and trying to pimp money out of whomever. They even charge clients upfront to get the ball rolling or encourage this behavior thru commercials and such. Even if they don't get any money for their clients they still make money from "retainers." If they do that is a bonus. LOL! There is a place for lawsuits and people being compensated without a doubt so it is a double edge sword, but many of these attorneys and politicians just like to take the easy money with minimal work.

A good example of this would be IF they are so concerned about criminals with guns why are they doing so little to chase them down and eradicate these gun toting thugs. Because that would take effort and there is no easy money to be had. It's because they are too busy busting the same pot head kids getting caught with a dobbie because they all know mom and dad's bank account is there for the taking and it's easy money. It's way easier putting the burden BACK ON the law abiding citizens and making them jump thru hoops for a personal protection piece they hope to never use. Then the politicians can act like they are doing something playing with gun regs and piddle pissing around with new gun restriction laws. The sheeple buy right into it.

All of this money for the war on drugs and illegals can just walk as much of it illegally across the border as they can pack mule. Cut the head off of the snake and the snake dies. But then the lawyers, judges, and legal system run slim on work and can no longer justify huge budget increases...... Politicians have nothing to act like they care about. Most politicians and lawyers do not want to get the situation fixed in an expedient fashion because they make less cash doing so. They love to drag it out unless of course it is a quick and dirty fast money proposition.

Anyway, my SOP is shoot them and deal with the chips how and where they fall. No one could ever be prepared for it if or when it does happen. Besides the thugs parents attorney would pound on you that you wanted to kill a POS thug or 19 year old sophomore in high school (AKA: 'My good baby boy') and you took the time and effort to try to protect yourself by getting said insurance. Just make sure it is justified and you are doing the right thing. Most people are sick and tired of all the crap so I think you would have to be in serious question and have a sketchy set of events or explanation if you had to protect yourself or others. There is always the possibility of being sued no matter what.

That said, IMO the cop that went all Dirty Harry on the black guy running away is in some deep, deep shit. At that point he would likely have had a better chance of explaining why he shot the other person too. The one with the video. Just my guess but I think he is totally screwed and probably rightfully so. That cop is going to take it up the Whaazoo with some icing for the other so called cops shooting blacks and what not. Fact and simple math. Anyone wanna bet?

I wonder if TW riders get profiled for speeding like the crotch rocket guys? They are discriminating against TW riders. For some reason unknown the TW riders just don't get hassled as much and that is politically incorrect and just plain old unfair. Maybe we can sue?
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

2003 Yamaha TW200
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2005 BMW K1200S
    Hill Billy Bags

Video sheds a lot of light when a State Trooper supports CCW permits and laws. They are the guys that have to deal with crime, violence, and guns on the front lines. Problem is the politics involved and politicians keeping their votes and playing the game. Simple math.

As for any type of policy you might want to contact your insurance co. or agent and just ask. Most attorneys will represent and sue anyone (insurance) or any entity IF they can squeeze a nickel out of them. Uninsured felons toting guns are exempt since they usually have no money, insurance policies, or property to take so the lawyers seem to pass on them. That's another issue and mess. They know insurance co.'s will pay out quickly to avoid attorney's fees. Simple math. Look at all of the ambulance chasers. They take up a large portion of any given phone book.

What is sad and horribly wrong nowadays is the fact that most attorneys and politicians could care less about right or wrong and doing the right thing. It's all about their PERSONAL bank accounts and bottom line. This system has the best legal system YOUR MONEY can buy you. It is also sad that law abiding citizens trying to protect themselves must think about and defend the onslaught and aftermath for taking a correct and justified action. This sorry politically correct hype has simply gone way too far and is out of control just like the politicians that push it for their own personal gain. BOTH sides of the fence because the all are a bunch of lying suck asses.

Attorneys have absolutely nothing to lose by rolling the dice and trying to pimp money out of whomever. They even charge clients upfront to get the ball rolling or encourage this behavior thru commercials and such. Even if they don't get any money for their clients they still make money from "retainers." If they do that is a bonus. LOL! There is a place for lawsuits and people being compensated without a doubt so it is a double edge sword, but many of these attorneys and politicians just like to take the easy money with minimal work.

A good example of this would be IF they are so concerned about criminals with guns why are they doing so little to chase them down and eradicate these gun toting thugs. Because that would take effort and there is no easy money to be had. It's because they are too busy busting the same pot head kids getting caught with a dobbie because they all know mom and dad's bank account is there for the taking and it's easy money. It's way easier putting the burden BACK ON the law abiding citizens and making them jump thru hoops for a personal protection piece they hope to never use. Then the politicians can act like they are doing something playing with gun regs and piddle pissing around with new gun restriction laws. The sheeple buy right into it.

All of this money for the war on drugs and illegals can just walk as much of it illegally across the border as they can pack mule. Cut the head off of the snake and the snake dies. But then the lawyers, judges, and legal system run slim on work and can no longer justify huge budget increases...... Politicians have nothing to act like they care about. Most politicians and lawyers do not want to get the situation fixed in an expedient fashion because they make less cash doing so. They love to drag it out unless of course it is a quick and dirty fast money proposition.

Anyway, my SOP is shoot them and deal with the chips how and where they fall. No one could ever be prepared for it if or when it does happen. Besides the thugs parents attorney would pound on you that you wanted to kill a POS thug or 19 year old sophomore in high school (AKA: 'My good baby boy') and you took the time and effort to try to protect yourself by getting said insurance. Just make sure it is justified and you are doing the right thing. Most people are sick and tired of all the crap so I think you would have to be in serious question and have a sketchy set of events or explanation if you had to protect yourself or others. There is always the possibility of being sued no matter what.

That said, IMO the cop that went all Dirty Harry on the black guy running away is in some deep, deep shit. At that point he would likely have had a better chance of explaining why he shot the other person too. The one with the video. Just my guess but I think he is totally screwed and probably rightfully so. That cop is going to take it up the Whaazoo with some icing for the other so called cops shooting blacks and what not. Fact and simple math. Anyone wanna bet?

I wonder if TW riders get profiled for speeding like the crotch rocket guys? They are discriminating against TW riders. For some reason unknown the TW riders just don't get hassled as much and that is politically incorrect and just plain old unfair. Maybe we can sue?
    TopPredator likes this.

2003 Yamaha TW200
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    2005 BMW K1200S
    Hill Billy Bags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links