Can anyone recommend a good 3 ton aluminum floor jack?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good 3 ton aluminum floor jack?

I'm in the market for a new floor jack since my current(only 2 years old) craftsman 3 ton aluminum bit the dust. I'm pretty annoyed with the craftsman since its no new and i paid good dough for it, they don't even sell any parts for it any more except the front wheels. Problem one is it needs seals and barely jacks any more and last week a rear caster broke off. Cant get that or a rebuild kit ....

Basically im looking for an aluminum jack with 3 ton capacity that will life my truck and not croak after 2 years of mild weekend warrior type use. Something with replacement parts availability would be nice too. ill go back to a steel jack if i have to, i just want something that's going to last.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

I had the same luck with the Craftsman. Then bought an aluminum Autocraft 2.5 ton and had the same results, a piece of junk that did not last 6 months. I don't have the answer, just don't try the Autocraft.

Harbor Freight appears to have a similar looking aluminium jack. Personally, I doubt we would be likely to find a similar jack that is 'rebuildable' with repair parts that are readily available. Should one exist, likely I could not afford it. My aluminium Craftsman jack is still working fine. The steel one that weighs a 'ton' started leaking within the first year. With a bit of research, casters should be found online from any number of sources. Seals will likely take a bit of work. Has anyone disassembled the pump to inspect and measure the seals/o-rings? I would be surprised if your jack could not be repaired after doing a bit (more) research online. My TW sits atop my jack as we speak. I don't have a lot of money to piss away, but the frustrations we are referencing, are likely closely associated with affordability and greed. Just my opinion. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

First being its a Craftsman and only 2 years old I'd try to exchange it for a new one. Second, I have the one from Harbor Freight, had it for several years now. I don't use it all the time but done plenty of brake jobs, installed trailer hitches, etc. and it works great for me.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

I already talked to Sears and no go on exchange. 1 year warranty. I also liked for casters and a lot of people have the same problem I do. They don't bolt on my model, held on with a special clip.

I have a love hate retains hip w harbor freight but I might give their jack a try. The price is right and I can get one local.

Hidden Content

rbm
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    I already talked to Sears and no go on exchange. 1 year warranty. I also liked for casters and a lot of people have the same problem I do. They don't bolt on my model, held on with a special clip.

I have a love hate retains hip w harbor freight but I might give their jack a try. The price is right and I can get one local.
    Not for nuthin'... I'd push the issue with the store manager at Sears, that's just crap...

I did, they won't budge, I'm a year past the warranty. If it was a day or a month I might have more of a leg to stand on. They also do t make this model any more so they can't even exchange it for a like one of they wanted to.

I heat ya that it's crap. I have always had great service from craftsman tools, this one is a big exception and from what I read on tool forums I'm not the only one that has had issues with this jack.

Hidden Content

rbm
    Go buy a new one and return the old one in the new box...

Unfortunately Sears and their Crapsman tools have suffered in the last decade or so. It used to be a company one could trust to treat customers right. Not so it seems anymore.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I've had variable luck with Harbour Frieght jacks. When you get a "good" one it's quite awesome. But at times you have
    to do some sorting. Thankfully, HF is way cool about returns and honoring warranties. At least the one near me is.
    I think if you take your jack apart and do some measurement and sleuthing you can fix it as Gerry suggested, though
    it may end up being more expensive than simply purchasing a new at HF. Welcome to the modern world of "disposable".
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links