Oh, how cool. Now that is indeed a good story.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Oh, how cool. Now that is indeed a good story.

Oh, how cool. Now that is indeed a good story.

Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

GaryL, Smitty Blackstone and Fred like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Nice to read a story about a " REAL" hero!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Seems like a lot of work compared to todays immigration standards. I sometimes wonder how many American men are left that would show that kind of adversity? Great story. Wish there were more like it.....

Tom
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Gutsy move – he deserved to make it
    Smitty Blackstone and Borneo like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Outstanding story and thanks for posting it. Both my brother and I were air crew man in HC-6 (Helicopter Combat Support Sq. 6) back in 1975 and the CH-47 Chinook was our birds. I spent many long hours on my belly in those beasts doing vertical replenishment from shore to ships or ships to ships. They are arguably the best aircraft in the USN.

How he did this maneuver of ditching the chopper while getting from the stick to the door to jump is certainly an almost impossible feat. I used to catch a hop to my home in NY from NAS Norfolk on a CH-47 with my Kawasaki H-2 strapped in the belly. Young pilots had to get their flight hours and would fly up to Martha's Vineyard dropping me off at Stewart Air field when they refueled. I would drive the bike back after a few days at home and one time they picked me back up after spending the weekend at Ft. Drum.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

GaryL, one of my good friends spent a lot of time in Vietnam doing the same thing, flying our guys all over that country. I am a more recent -47 guy. I spent the last 17 years crewing and working on them. Reading that story, I'm still just astounded at what Nguyen did. I completed all the over-water training in the Army, but I prayed that I would never have to use it. How he managed to survive rolling that thing over is beyond me. He certainly had someone looking over him and his family that day.

I'm still just blown away by this story. Thanks for sharing Borneo.
    -Joe

2009 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Outstanding story and thanks for posting it. Both my brother and I were air crew man in HC-6 (Helicopter Combat Support Sq. 6) back in 1975 and the CH-47 Chinook was our birds. I spent many long hours on my belly in those beasts doing vertical replenishment from shore to ships or ships to ships. They are arguably the best aircraft in the USN.

How he did this maneuver of ditching the chopper while getting from the stick to the door to jump is certainly an almost impossible feat. I used to catch a hop to my home in NY from NAS Norfolk on a CH-47 with my Kawasaki H-2 strapped in the belly. Young pilots had to get their flight hours and would fly up to Martha's Vineyard dropping me off at Stewart Air field when they refueled. I would drive the bike back after a few days at home and one time they picked me back up after spending the weekend at Ft. Drum.

GaryL
    Only aircraft I ever had the misfortune of crashing in! Of course they picked us up in another sh_thook

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

And you thought the TW had gear box problems .......
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    Only aircraft I ever had the misfortune of crashing in! Of course they picked us up in another sh_thook

Tom
    Probably lucky for you it was a Chinook! With those double rotors those birds can fall out of the sky in an Auto Rotate controlled crash landing with no engine power and they don't bounce real good but most of the parts fly away from the body of the craft. Been there, done that!

I think that design came out in the early 1960s and they are still flying today!
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links