trout
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: trout

trout

I took the TW fishing last Saturday morning and within 5 min had these to take home.I didn't fish any more because I want to hit this spot again.
    IMG_2437.JPG
    Mel, SickPuppy76, Fred and 8 others like this.

Mel
    I believe this is a very unfair thread to be posted on a forum where there are several trout fisherman. Especially to dangle those under the nose of us who live in California where we can't even get water to run down the creeks. I guess the reward is seeing what they look like again. ENJOY!!!
    Mel
    mudbug likes this.

You want to come over here then. I live at the head of the river Test, well known for its Browns and Rainbows. Here in the center of the village, there’s a small road bridge that crosses the river in front of the silk mill (Whitchurch in Hampshire).

Look down from that bridge into the water, and you’ll see a dozen or so ranging in size from 3lb to 5lb. All the villagers treat them as pets, and feeding the resident ducks bread can cause the water to explode with feeding fish sometimes. But if anyone was foolish enough to try fishing for them, they’d be lynched, and in short order.

Up-stream and down-stream, landowners’ lucky enough to have riparian rights can charge up to £250 a day for fly fishing, and that’s for the smaller Trout.

Needless to say, as a fisherman myself, this is a uniquely frustrating situation ……………..
    mudbug likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I was going to ride my TW over to the Kaydeross Creek for some trout but I just took an 85 mile ride and don't think my arse can take much more riding.
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

Nice looking trout!
    I tend to keep only the 10 to 12 inchers for tasty eating and release the others. From a kayak forceps can reach the hook while they are still submerged.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Nice Brookies!! Or are they Bull Trout? (Dolly Varden)

Ok for you folks that need a place to fish. I like the straight of juan de fuca. It is the area between the state of Washington and vancouver island.
    Salmon and bottom fishing at it's best. It is my plan to spend some time trying to fill my freezer. Any that would like to join me, give me a pm. Not sure when the salmon season opens, but bottom fishing is always fun.
    mudbug and TopPredator like this.

So I rarely trout fish but found a nice dirt road thru Salmon River State Forest. It winds along a great trout stream. So I might have to take it back up and combine two recreational activities.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

Photo May 24, 10 32 27 AM.jpgPhoto May 23, 1 35 17 PM.jpg

Caught several(250) of these fellas over a 5 day period. Several of us in camp 5 fish daily limit. Also several small mouth bass fishing from shore behind the RV. Kids had a blast as well as the adults.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Just stopped by the Moose Lodge to have a sandwitch and a soda. Put a 5 in the camping board and won a nice fishing pole with luers and lead. Did a 5 in another board and won a half pound of smoked salmon. Lucky day for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links