Really. This is what it is?
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Really. This is what it is?

Really. This is what it is?

You guys (and gals) saw an easy mark, eh. Not only a newbee, but an Iowegian to boot.

I recently joined the forum and I have to say, thank you for the very warm welcome.

But then this electrified panda bear comes along and starts wondering about some sort of shirt, and whether or not I had one.

Thinking about it on and off over the weekend, I did a search on the forum to see what I was missing. Looking through many posts, I was still unclear.

As I was putzin' around this morning at work, not really wanting to get going, the thought popped back into my mind.

Thinking that a google search would only route me back to this forum (as it seems to be some sort of joke here, that I still don't know if I understand or not), I hit the images function.

I then look down and muttered to myself, you've got to be kidding me. I swear to you all that I did not know what this term was when I left the house, and it was only after what I seen on the screen that I started laughing in disbelief.

So, Mr TWilght, to answer question, I do believe that I do. In fact, I have had it since about 1994 (about the same time I enrolled for all those beer drinking courses at USD). Not sure if they are technically "Hickories", but I have the same shirt in green and black also; Cutting edge, huh? (read. boring)

But maybe not a "Hickory Shirt". You be the judge.

Does this count?

And if so, am I in?

however, I am yet naked as to owning a TW.

" Man" You Yankees got some strange customs. Now where did I put my lucky tank top?

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    " Man" You Yankees got some strange customs. Now where did I put my lucky tank top?
    I know, right.

The last time I was in Ft Meyers, my brother (resident), happily, made it know to me, and everyone else on the street within earshot, that not only were my legs the whitest, but I was the only one wearing socks.

I was wondering how the panhandlers by the beach knew to single me out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Nice shirt Jeff, you qualify! Just need a TW eventually, and maybe a set of Plumbstraight's red TW suspenders.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

suspenders tw 200 001.JPGyou are looking good there Jeff. All you need to do is---- add a pair of these.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Jeff, you da man, and you are IN...like Flint, as us olde timers say.
    You mean "in like Flynn." don't ya Mike? How did the expression 'In like Flynn' come about
    TWilight and plumbstraight like this.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-55 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114 folding shifter

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    No, Larry, I do actually mean...In Like Flint. I did say it was an "olde timers" saying. Emphasis on the E in oldE. In like flint was used well before 1945, when the Errol Flynn movies were in such high demand, because back in the Olde days, we would use a Flint to strike the gunpowder for out flint-lock rifles, and shot the Red Coats....or anyone from New York State.

THAT....was how the Apple Wars began.
    Mike would know. He was there!

"The very best apples undoubtedly grow in the favorable soils of New York". John Chapman

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

cider press and company 006.JPGcider press and company 007.JPGWish you fellows could join me in Oct for apple squeezins. This press I made over 30yrs ago and still we are putting out about 100 gal an hour.

You know Dryden, I am growing a bit weary of this BS apple war. I am not a big apple eater but do have a couple favorites from right here in NY that I do like, Empire is one. All these bloviators out on the left coast do a lot of bad mouthing but never once has any of them sent us a sample of these fictitious, Washington State Fuji apples that are supposed to beat our apples all day long. They apparently can only make it as far as Moab but not past the Mississippi. I'm thinking these left coasters are drinking too much apple cider that has fermented!

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrolives View Post
    But then this electrified panda bear comes along and ......
    Good description — and just one of many names we use to refer to the resident Panda. Just chuck him a few Bamboo shoots and the occasional bun, and he’ll be eating out of your hand — he likes apples too. (Having said that, it’s a good idea to count your fingers afterwards).

There’s another story about the “electrified” bit — but then he’s always been a “grounded” kind of guy ……….

As for “Hickory shirts” — my understanding of said items is that they must be made in the USA, and that “buttons all the way down the front” in some way “diminishes” the over-all effect. I’ve never entirely understood the principals involved, although I figure anyone who rides a TW is bound to be a little “eccentric”.

The “button thing” may have something to do with “dusty rides” — but my research on such matters is somewhat incomplete. As you can appreciate, from this side of the pond, it’s more to do with “observation” than “experience”.

Anyway — anyone who can get away with referring to an “electrified panda bear” gets my vote ……….

(Welcome to the board)
    TWilight, jeffrolives and mudbug like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links