It's a Lonely Sport Without My Wife.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: It's a Lonely Sport Without My Wife.

It's a Lonely Sport Without My Wife.

I opened up this motorcycle chapter of my life a year ago. I have made many new friends and for that I am grateful. I rode all day yesterday with my son and a friend leaving her at home. She's not interested in riding motorcycles for the fear of a wreck overwhelms her. I Love my Wife.... Meet Marian.

image.jpg
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

rbm
    Just remember TP, absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'd bet you both were very happy to see each other after your ride yesterday, I know I/we were when I got home from mine.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Hello Marian!
    TopPredator and TWilight like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

TP, I can see both sides. I rode with my husband on almost every ride he went on for over 13 years on his Royal Star. I did almost 55,000 miles on the back of that bike. Then a couple of years ago he got his TW and he started doing really neat off road rides through the National Forests. He loved it! After every ride or overnight trip he would say he wished he had discovered the off road experience 20 years ago.

I LOVED riding with him. We went cross country pulling a little trailer and tent camping several times. But a year ago yesterday he went to check out a campground without me and some kid, not paying attention pulled out right in front of him. He never had a chance. I sat here yesterday wondering how things might have been different if he had stopped riding. Yeah, they would have been different and he might still be living, but not alive. He LOVED riding and I loved riding with him. However, I will never ride again. And everytime I see happy people on motorcycles on the road I see how vunerable they are with nothing to protect them from irresponsible people in cages not paying attention, talking on cell phones or texting and I get sick to my stomach. But I also remember all the fun, the thrill of seeing the country that you cannot see in a car. In many ways the motorcycle was his life and he loved every minute of it. So I know he died doing what he loved most. And I know he was incredibly happy when he left that morning.

So hopefully, if you truly love riding, Marian will love you for seeking your passion and doing something that you truly love and will just be happy when you return home. There are risks in everything we do. And living where I live with all the curves and mountains, I am really more afraid of meeting a truck hauling chickens to slaughter on a bad curve than riding again.

Live life while you can.
    Mrs. Twisty

May God bless you in a special way today Mrs. TWisty. If I can ever help you in any way, please let me know. We miss our fallen members. They are heroes to all of us here.
    dette, goldenhtr, dale124 and 8 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

goldenhtr likes this.
    2010 TW200Z : Kick starter, rear CycleRack, 14:47 final w/o-ring chain, shorai 14, Shinko 244 5.10-18 Hidden Content .........

Whew doggy, I know where your coming from. My wife supports my riding and feels it's healthy
    for us to have different interests. But I found that long multiday trips just were not as enjoyable
    without being able to share it with her. So it's an adapt thing, short trips etc and vacations with the camper
    and TW. I wouldn't want her to ride, it's just too dang dangerous out there to go through the learning curve.
    Thankfully, she's not the slightest bit interested.
    TopPredator likes this.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTWisty View Post
    TP, I can see both sides. I rode with my husband on almost every ride he went on for over 13 years on his Royal Star. I did almost 55,000 miles on the back of that bike. Then a couple of years ago he got his TW and he started doing really neat off road rides through the National Forests. He loved it! After every ride or overnight trip he would say he wished he had discovered the off road experience 20 years ago.

I LOVED riding with him. We went cross country pulling a little trailer and tent camping several times. But a year ago yesterday he went to check out a campground without me and some kid, not paying attention pulled out right in front of him. He never had a chance. I sat here yesterday wondering how things might have been different if he had stopped riding. Yeah, they would have been different and he might still be living, but not alive. He LOVED riding and I loved riding with him. However, I will never ride again. And everytime I see happy people on motorcycles on the road I see how vunerable they are with nothing to protect them from irresponsible people in cages not paying attention, talking on cell phones or texting and I get sick to my stomach. But I also remember all the fun, the thrill of seeing the country that you cannot see in a car. In many ways the motorcycle was his life and he loved every minute of it. So I know he died doing what he loved most. And I know he was incredibly happy when he left that morning.

So hopefully, if you truly love riding, Marian will love you for seeking your passion and doing something that you truly love and will just be happy when you return home. There are risks in everything we do. And living where I live with all the curves and mountains, I am really more afraid of meeting a truck hauling chickens to slaughter on a bad curve than riding again.

Live life while you can.
    Mrs. Twisty
    Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and to be so close to the anniversy of his passing. God Bless you Mrs.Twisty on this Memorial Day

rick
    If I’m ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

Mine too! My wife is a home body who would rather stay home cooking and cleaning when not at work. She never interferes with any of my hobbies and loves it when I take off but to be very honest I would much rather do things with her, all except the cooking and cleaning crap!

GaryL
    TopPredator and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

My wife acts like I'm cheating on her when I go riding. If I talk about my motorcycle she could not care less. Oh well.
    Mark Flanagan
    aka OILHED
    2014 Yamaha TW200 &
    2001 BMW R1150GS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links