Drones and Unicycles
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Drones and Unicycles

Drones and Unicycles

I thought this was worth sharing, a different twist on off-roading.

Artistically done plus it features some of my favorite musical tracks. Also highlights some of the benefits of California off-roading opportunities, even in crowded SoCal.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-03-2015 at 12:47 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

watching those aerial shots made me think how cool it would be if you could have a drone automatically follow you without someone else controlling it. Did a quick Google search and found this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on-sports-dron

AirDog is an interesting development for those with desiring more professional options to the Lilly @~$500. Airdog with a GoProBlack all set up ready to go will likely cost about $1500 more. Airdog has Ground Avoidanced but I saw nothing about obstacle detection and avoidance.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-03-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have a DJI Phantom Vision 2+ and if used with a aftermarket App, has the ability to "follow Me" and to "circle" you as you move. It uses the GPS in the quad to lock onto the GPS in your phone. There are many Quads out or coming out that has this feature and it's getting better and better. Lily has it limits with a built in battery that take hours to recharge and no means of manual control....but it is compact and waterproof.

This was my first attempt to try and film a vehicle on the move....a LOT harder than I thought it would be.

Last edited by Bmgm37; 06-03-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    TopPredator, Fred, kj7687 and 1 others like this.

Very nice Bmgm37. Drones may well signal the end of point-of-view helmet cameras dominating the recreational video market. The future shall be interesting irregardless.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Very nice Bmgm37. Drones may well signal the end of point-of-view helmet cameras dominating the recreational video market. The future shall be interesting irregardless.
    To some degree, yes, but I think a POV helmet camera still offers a unique perspective that a third person view doesn't provide.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    To some degree, yes, but I think a POV helmet camera still offers a unique perspective that a third person view doesn't provide.
    I agree, but my future videos will be a mix of footage from the Drone and other cameras. Have a trip planned to St Anthony dunes soon and will be filming our groups Sandrails and RZRs with Gopros and the Drone. Here is a on car video from our last trip over there..cant wait to get back.

Fred likes this.

That is a very nice dune field and video.
    News tonight is Nevada legislation prohibiting drones from parks, may fly no higher than 400 ft altitude and not within 5 miles of any airport. Other than that sky's the limit. Nevada promotes that it is drone friendly.
    But it is good to hear of reasonable use limits. Drones are still have kinda wild west freedoms. Remember the fighting robots series , R/C air combat, R/C battleships shooting ball bearings, paint ball wars? Roll them all together and you get the modern hobby of air-to-air drone warfare. Crazy stuff.
    Last edited by Fred; 06-05-2015 at 12:44 AM.
    SanDue likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Well, who ever came up with that in Nevada doent know the laws because the FAA regulations already prohibit flying over 300ft and 3 miles of an airport with a tower and 5 miles from an airport with a tower. Like any hobby, its those that break the rules that make us all look bad.

The comic XKCD posed the problem of drones becoming a nuisance, and spying on you in your own yard. Especially since you won't know who the drones belong to.

They proposed making it legal to steal drones. So if one or a few are hovering around your place, knock them down and keep 'em.

Whole new product lines will emerge as inventors come up with ways to drop the drones.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links