Attention Vietnam Veterans - Agent Orange Update
Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: Attention Vietnam Veterans - Agent Orange Update

Attention Vietnam Veterans - Agent Orange Update

mudbug and grizzlygpa like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

My dad was in Korea just south of the DMZ but with weekly excursions into the DMZ. They used agent orange to make sure the DMZ was nothing but dirt. He has cancer now but has been denied benefits from it. Really sucks.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Interesting and finally a good thing might happen. I was an air crewman on a Chinook back during Vietnam and all we did all day long was sling pallets of that crap under the chopper and drop it on the ships. I honestly can't say I ever even smelled the stuff but those who were In Country where it was used certainly did and a lot of my pals have died from the effects.

GaryL
    littletommy and grizzlygpa like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Nha Trang AB 196933.jpg

The Kids at Nha Trang would use any old Air Force and Military "stuff/junk" as playground equipment....I snapped many, many, photos, while at Nha Trang{not so may during my time at Tan Son Nhut{Saigon}, and I always wonder how the local kids ended up and if they survived.....as for me? I blame nothing whether my mental illness or splash of Diabetes 2 or anything else....not blaming those or denying that many have illness related to their service....I can only speak for myself...no a hint of f'ing PTSD or any cancers....but Hell I'm only 66....

I purchased my first house through the VA, received a Associate, Bachelors, and Masters degree thanks to the VA Funds, and use the VA as my alternative to that f'ing disaster called ObamaCare.....

I have no bitch at all, Hell for a couple tours in Vietnam and 4 years service I did all right.....

Nha Trang Civilian Gate.jpgNha Trang AB 196947.jpgNha Trang AB 196961.jpgHoot V100 Nha Trang.jpg
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by TWROG View Post
    My dad was in Korea just south of the DMZ but with weekly excursions into the DMZ. They used agent orange to make sure the DMZ was nothing but dirt. He has cancer now but has been denied benefits from it. Really sucks.
    Not to start a rant.......BUT, I feel it's a travesty of justice when all the guys that served in Nam and Korea, who went through immeasurable hardship and exposed to stuff like AO, came back to less than a heroes welcome and denied benefits. Now I have a 27 year old neighbor who was deployed ONE TIME over in the sand box, never once got into a TIC, never fired a hostile shot and conversely never took enemy fire. Yet now he gets money monthly for PTSD. WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkler View Post
    Not to start a rant.......BUT, I feel it's a travesty of justice when all the guys that served in Nam and Korea, who went through immeasurable hardship and exposed to stuff like AO, came back to less than a heroes welcome and denied benefits. Now I have a 27 year old neighbor who was deployed ONE TIME over in the sand box, never once got into a TIC, never fired a hostile shot and conversely never took enemy fire. Yet now he gets money monthly for PTSD. WTF!
    Way to many in my war{Vietnam} who never saw sheet, are getting 100%...like I said, I don't hold it against them, but I know there is a lot of BSing going on....which takes away from the guys that really need it....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkler View Post
    Working the system is the way this world of ours is going and I don't like it one bit. After my service I went to college and did receive OJT benefits when I took a job in Corrections/law enforcement.
    I bought my first wife a house with a VA loan and today I get a tiny check for hearing loss and tinnitus caused by sitting under two big engines with BS hearing protection for so long. I see people scamming the system from every walk of life and from every job and don't even think about all who are collecting social security disability benefits who have never honestly paid a dime in to the system.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I was exposed to Agent Orange and also have PTSD. I've never filed for benefits from the Government , nor have they ever handed me any $. They admit I got exposed and am so far an Agent Orange Survivor. I've thought about applying for compensation but figured I wouldn't live long enough to collect it after fighting and waiting for it to go through.
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    I was exposed to Agent Orange and also have PTSD. I've never filed for benefits from the Government , nor have they ever handed me any $. They admit I got exposed and am so far an Agent Orange Survivor. I've thought about applying for compensation but figured I wouldn't live long enough to collect it after fighting and waiting for it to go through.
    Just my personal opinion here but I think you are being foolish! Every A hole who has nothing wrong is scamming the system while those who have honest issues are too proud to use the money as it was intended to be used. File a dam claim already and I and many others will be proud to pay the bills.

GaryL

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Just my personal opinion here but I think you are being foolish! Every A hole who has nothing wrong is scamming the system while those who have honest issues are too proud to use the money as it was intended to be used. File a dam claim already and I and many others will be proud to pay the bills.

GaryL
    Gary Sir, I really appreciate that last comment, sincerely bro. You wouldn't believe on how little I get by on. Yes, I am one of those Social Security Disability people who drain the Government. Then I read, they want to take 20% of it away. Gee, my stress level goes way up when I read that kind of stuff. Some of the poorest people in America, (some of them Veterans) barely getting by (really not at all) I sure could be living a better quality of lifestyle if I had those benefits. Besides having only 2 nice things, (my bikes) and a ride on them once in a while, life pretty well sucks. Thanks again for the compliment, it was the highlight of my day G. I've been so close to having to live on the street, a couple times. That's pretty scary at my age and with my health issues.
    Last edited by littletommy; 06-14-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links