• 9 Post By Fred
  • 5 Post By SanDue
  • 4 Post By sponge
  • 1 Post By Purple
  • 1 Post By VintageGW
  • 2 Post By Lyterx

Thread: What's In A Name Anyways?

What's In A Name Anyways?

I'ld like offer best wishes to our member Twilight in the upcoming Tree Flags Rally from Mexico to Canada. 5 days and counting. Of course Twilight will be riding from Washington down to Mexican border to begin, so he will be almost doubling the miles ridden...on a GoldWing, not a TW.

As far as the "Name" title goes we met Mike here as "Twilight" and the story behind him choosing that is impressive enough without the following.
    Others have known him from Iron Butt moniker of "Miles" I believe, probably earned after his first million miles on a motorcycle.
    I kind of like "Sparky' earned after his getting hit on head by lightning while riding his Goldwing.
    Borneo teases him with the label "Doc Nuke'm" due to Mike's professional background yet somehow I think the chastised power plant operators at Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, and Fukushima refer to him somewhat differently.
    Whatever you wish to call him Twilight is an impressive guy.
    So come to Moab if only to meet a truely unique, and increadibly likable guy.
    Have a good ride Mike!
    TWilight, Dryden-Tdub, Mel and 6 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

The name is TWilight. I know a lot of Mikes but only one TWilight. We just returned from having dinner in the TWilight Zone. Time seem distorted in the "T Zone. You've heard the saying "time moves faster when your with TWIlight", it's true! Wonderful memory. Pray you and your best bud remain safe in your adventure. Dirts a Flyen SanDue

Black parts down, Shiny parts up TWilight.
    (Like we need to tell you that)
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Keep it loose - see you on the flip-flop ......
    TWilight likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Some has to say it Mike. No pictures? Then it didn't happen! Please share some photos along the way for those of us that are mere amateurs in this sport.
    sponge likes this.

VintageGW's
    4 GL1000 Some of these are for sale....
    1 GL1800
    Gone to a good home - '04 TW200 - Mulita!

How far did you get today Mike? Where ya at?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Well, if you insist. I did bring my digital camera with me, so I will be taking a few...just a few...pictures on this ride. None yet, but once I get back home, I will post some pics of this trip. Since I am an OLD man, and NOT into the most modern technology...like a dumb phone...I have the software on my home PC to download pics from my digital camera, and can upload from there to the forum.

Short day of riding today, only 250 miles, and waiting for my best buddy to meet me tomorrow, and we will ride down to San Diego together.
    Thankfully you are on the GL1800! Hope you can bypass LA.

VintageGW's
    4 GL1000 Some of these are for sale....
    1 GL1800
    Gone to a good home - '04 TW200 - Mulita!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Borneo teases him with the label "Doc Nuke'm" due to Mike's professional background yet somehow I think the chastised power plant operators at Three Mile Island.
    So Twilight is to blame for nuking us.... I only live a few miles from TMI.... We packed up and went to Pittsburgh.
    1991 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Nope (very educated word, there)

I had no fault in the TMI incident. I know you were teasing (at least I hope so), but my job was to shut down plants like TMI....if they did not pass MY inspection. The problem at TMI was due to operators errors.
    I know that, just goofing. Crazy time, remember leaving school early and getting out of town...... Have a fun, safe ride!
    TWilight and SanDue like this.
    1991 TW200

Sponosred Links