Why I Went For A Ride On My TW
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Why I Went For A Ride On My TW

Why I Went For A Ride On My TW

Dryden-Tdub and jtomelliott49 like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Because you could?
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Phelonius

I did not see one TW, let alone a motorcycle, in that video.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Whole idea is to get out and enjoy the outdoors. So what if title is inappropriate? Sorry.
    No TWs or motorcycles in this one either but I tell you I think mountain bikers make some of the best TW trails. I'ld like to poach these:
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

I have been out in my shop building a King size bed and backboard for our new mattress. I am up to my arse in alligators and working with very expensive quarter sawn White Oak and can't afford mistakes such as cutting a board three times and finding it is still too short! I jump on my TW when ever I get a brain cramp and need to air myself out from all the dust and numbers running through my head. Just yesterday I dropped what I was doing and since the lawn needed mowing I jumped on the tractor instead but it served the same purpose, get away and clear my head. Sometimes I just go fishing and other times I strap the rod and my dog on the TW and go find a nice stream to fish for a while. There is something very relaxing about taking a quick and even very short ride just to forget about the moment and put my head in a very different place. Since I can't drink beers or other adult beverages while working with very unforgiving sharp tools the TW is the perfect escape medicine and the same could be said for the mountain bike or kayak, just take a break.

GaryL
    Hoot Gibson, Fred, Mel and 3 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Just got a chance to watch that video Fred and I learned a few things that may help me get the wife outdoors with me more often. Thank you. There were both wheels and horsepower in your video so close enough! Who knows maybe one of those beautiful women were named Betty too......

Tom
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Getting outdoors in nature is my spiritual rejuvenator. Sure sometimes it is on the TW or behind a steering wheel burning petrochemicals but it is still good. Often hiking shoes or a paddle provide the motion. It is all a tonic for the soul. Take a romantic stroll with your significant other, a hike together is a pleasing bonding experience. IMG_0103.JPG
    Last edited by Fred; 09-01-2015 at 10:21 AM.
    Mel, Dryden-Tdub, admiral and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Some of my pals just have to rub it in when I am stuck on projects!

Here is Bucknutz doing what I would normally be doing with him!

GaryL

unnamed (2).jpg
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Lower Hudson River Valley of The Communist State of N.Y.
    [QUOTE=GaryL;212762]Some of my pals just have to rub it in when I am stuck on projects!

GaryL

unnamed (2).jpgI didn't mean to rub it in. Next time, you come along. ( maybe 9/13? ) For me, being surrounded by nature is the closest thing to being near God. ( at least so far, I hope :-) ) As mentioned above, it rejuvenates my soul. This time kayaking, next time riding the tw, taking a plunge off some cliffs into a pristine mountain pool, the sky is the limit. I've got many projects to do, but sometimes I just say f--- it. I know your bed frame had to get finished now Gary. My projects can wait a couple days. Just last evening, Zolar and I kayaked fished for Bass on a beautiful 40 acre pond. I caught one about 4 lbs., and watched a Black Bear come down to get a drink at 75 yards. The fishing could have been better, the experience could not have been. That is, unless my wife was along to enjoy it, too. ( sorry Zolar, feel free to post up some go pro video, I think his TW is in it. :-) We are hear for a good time, not a long time. Rubber side down, Dave
    Dryden-Tdub, Fred, GaryL and 1 others like this.

I had a great time with Bucknutz and even though I did not catch a fish it was a beautiful day. Here is some Vid I put together . [QUOTE=Bucknutz;212777]
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Some of my pals just have to rub it in when I am stuck on projects!

GaryL

unnamed (2).jpgI didn't mean to rub it in. Next time, you come along. ( maybe 9/13? ) For me, being surrounded by nature is the closest thing to being near God. ( at least so far, I hope :-) ) As mentioned above, it rejuvenates my soul. This time kayaking, next time riding the tw, taking a plunge off some cliffs into a pristine mountain pool, the sky is the limit. I've got many projects to do, but sometimes I just say f--- it. I know your bed frame had to get finished now Gary. My projects can wait a couple days. Just last evening, Zolar and I kayaked fished for Bass on a beautiful 40 acre pond. I caught one about 4 lbs., and watched a Black Bear come down to get a drink at 75 yards. The fishing could have been better, the experience could not have been. That is, unless my wife was along to enjoy it, too. ( sorry Zolar, feel free to post up some go pro video, I think his TW is in it. :-) We are hear for a good time, not a long time. Rubber side down, Dave
    Dryden-Tdub, GaryL, Fred and 3 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links