Trump On Gun Rights
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Trump On Gun Rights

Trump On Gun Rights

“The Second Amendment to our constitution is clear: The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed upon — period.”

Trump backs gun rights in second policy paper | TheHill
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Ron
    Some people can't understand plain English: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON. This seems plenty simple to understand, but there are those who can't figure it out.
    SanDue and WECSOG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Some people can't understand plain English: SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED UPON. This seems plenty simple to understand, but there are those who can't figure it out.
    Some people seem to believe that if you don't conform to their ideals then they didn't explain it to you properly. They don't seem to be infringing on the 2nd amendment but they are sure infringing all around it! Makes me want to go shoot my guns. Dirts a Flyen. Just due
    WECSOG, mhomadness and brushhippie like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Without gun rights, there would be no freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, right to elect our own representitives, freedom from unlawful arrest,
    or any of the freedoms we have had for 230 years or so.
    Gun rights have nothing to do with hunting or target shooting. The founding fathers enacted gun rights to defend against totalitarian government takeover.
    Remember in England the great charter that gave Englishmen rights was enacted at the points of swords and spears because tyrants do not grant any rights
    voluntarily. Remembering this is why the founding fathers had the wisdom to include gun rights in our constitution.
    What they forgot to add, is a clause that would MANDATE hanging for ANY attempt to infringe upon those rights.
    SanDue, WECSOG, mhomadness and 2 others like this.
    Phelonius

I'm not so sure I like the idea as Trump as our next president. I don't think he will be still be viable at the time of the National caucus. I think that anyone in the race for the Republican nomination is better than what the other side has to offer. Most of all politicians I believe are crooks or are quickly turned to crooks once elected. It's still early yet and as of today Trump is falling behind and Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina are advancing. This tide will ed and flow up until the caucus.

That being said I would like to place a quote here....

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...."

Three interweb medallions and ten bonus points and a pint of ale for the first person that can tell from where this came.

It simply means that rights are not granted by government. That last clause says it all, these rights are endowed upon us by our creator and are unalienable. The government grants us nothing. The Second Amendment grants us nothing, not one, not any, of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights grants us anything. These Amendments merely enumerate and codify those rights that are bestowed to us from a higher source, a higher authority, than ANY government or person on the face of this Earth.

Learn this now and never forget it.

These rights.
    WECSOG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...."

Three interweb medallions and ten bonus points and a pint of ale for the first person that can tell from where this came.

It simply means that rights are not granted by government. That last clause says it all, these rights are endowed upon us by our creator and are unalienable. The government grants us nothing. The Second Amendment grants us nothing, not one, not any, of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights grants us anything. These Amendments merely enumerate and codify those rights that are bestowed to us from a higher source, a higher authority, than ANY government or person on the face of this Earth.

These rights.
    Absolutely right. Here's an article about that subject that I read several years ago. Good article, like most this guy wrote:

We don?t need no steenking 2nd Amendment by John Silveira
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

mhomadness, SanDue and WECSOG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by methamphetasaur View Post
    And it would be illegal now in several of the states the founding fathers lived in.
    Ron likes this.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

It was just a pellet gun, an air rifle, it used no powder. It could only kill deer sized animals, like men.
    It only pissed off a bear when they shot one with it.
    It did impress indians though, because it was a repeater and the indians were not allowed to know how many shots it held or how many of these rifles the party had.
    Oh, and no smoke to give away the position of the shooter. For fighting it was completely superior to any musket of the day, more accurate too.
    mhomadness, WECSOG, Fred and 1 others like this.
    Phelonius

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    I'm not so sure I like the idea as Trump as our next president. I don't think he will be still be viable at the time of the National caucus. I think that anyone in the race for the Republican nomination is better than what the other side has to offer. Most of all politicians I believe are crooks or are quickly turned to crooks once elected. It's still early yet and as of today Trump is falling behind and Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina are advancing. This tide will ed and flow up until the caucus.

That being said I would like to place a quote here....

These rights.
    Don't take the bait and switch from this media circus. They are just hammering away at Trump and bolstering both Carson and Fiorina. Hillary would rather run against Fiorina knowing how badly Boxer whooped her rear. Carson is not a very good debater because he is not quick enough on the come back. The one Hillary does not want to be up against is Trump and the media will be doing their best to take him out for her. You need to look at the whole picture and not just the one being portrayed today in the news.

GaryL
    brushhippie, WECSOG and Ron like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links