AMA Life Member Benefits Question...for old guys.
Close

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Borneo
  • 2 Post By wolfy

Thread: AMA Life Member Benefits Question...for old guys.

AMA Life Member Benefits Question...for old guys.

In a couple weeks I will have been an AMA Life Member for twenty years. I recently talked to member services and they said I do not have roadside assistance with my membership. They are telling me I have to sign up for AMA Life Member Plus at $29 dollars a year. That provides the roadside assistance and the print magazine. She said today's life members don't get the magazine or the roadside assistance unless they purchase the plus package at $29 dollars a year. She is also telling me that I never had roadside assistance even twenty years ago, which I think is wrong. I'm pretty sure when I bought my life membership it was the full meal deal, magazine and roadside assistance, etc. I sure still get the magazine without the payment of $29 bucks a year unlike today's life members.

Anyone every encounter this? Anyone been a Life member for twenty years or so and know how it works? I'm pretty sure they can't take your money and then later change the deal on you, but she is saying that was never the deal.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Breach of contract!
    Know any good lawyers Borneo?
    You entered a good faith contract twenty plus years ago despite what a possibly young recent hire claims to know of AMA history.

Edit: Sorry, I really have no accurate info for you. Just sympathy as once again we find out the "ground rules" have seemingly changed not to our benefit.
    I still get a kick out of seeing my tight-wad brother berate McDonalds Managers for a free cup of coffee in his battered 25+year old "Free Coffee for Life" McDonald's coffee cup older than most of the managers. He would have made a good contract lawyer.
    Last edited by Fred; 09-24-2015 at 10:35 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

That's the answer then Doc. I probably never had it. I just thought I did. I too get the magazine without paying the extra. I have some dim recollection of being on a ride with my brother in law Russ and we decided to ride across the southern part of the US from Texas to the east coast and coming through Mississippi in the wee hours of the morning every gas station was closed. He eventually ran dry. We were able to call somewhere and get him gas delivered. (I would have shared but I was down to about a quart myself). Maybe it was some service he had and not me. I do know a 24hr towing service brought a five gallon can to the swamp edge for us.
    TWilight likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

That sounds typical of all them good ol' NEBRASKA boys!

Sponosred Links