Think about this...how would we do it.
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Think about this...how would we do it.

Think about this...how would we do it.

I tripped over this on the internet. It's hosted by AK Leather. Nice Idea. Some of us just ride around home, and some of us travel. But even those that don't travel much might enjoy visiting with someone coming through their area, and I know from experience many would be more than willing to offer assistance if needed. It would be really nice to have this resource available if things went wrong, or you just wanted to visit, or if you needed local information.

Doing it as a post is impractical I'm thinking since it would become loaded with other stuff, not be concise and not be organized. Not sure the site format would accommodate a separate place for it.

One thought would be to see if someone has time to compile the list and keep it updated. Then when you were planning a trip you could contact that person and request the list be emailed to you. Be considerable work for someone to do that. Information could just be PM'ed to them, and that would keep the list relatively non-public since the keeper of the list would also be the "keeper of the gate" so to speak.

I love the idea, just don't know if it's practical. Your thoughts?

Here is what I'm talking about. We could do ours arranged by State with a subheading for the town or area.

Emergency Phone Tree | Alaska Leather
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

We would probably also struggle to keep the idea current as the list was populated. In other words, how do you make sure people who would be willing to be placed on the list get continually reminded until we have a well populated list?
    TWilight likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

And yeah, I am contemplating a long TW trip next summer. All ideas have to start somewhere, eh?
    Mel, TWilight, Dryden-Tdub and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I wish I had your trust and faith in mankind! Just because a person rides a MC does not make a person a trustworthy or worthy recipient of my assistance. I do things more on a one to one basis once I have determined the worthiness of the person I am about to assist. BTW Borneo, if you are passing by my area I have your back covered in spades!

GaryL
    littletommy and TWilight like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

"Me and Mrs Trip, we got a thing going on"... an on-going adventure...
    Hidden Content

"When Piggies Fly" ...Me & Mrs Trip Cross the Pond
    Hidden Content

"Take the Puppy to the Beach"...a dirt route across southern New England
    Hidden Content

Latest Spotwalla: Hidden Content

Thanks Gary. I agree with your concern. That's why I like the number only, no name, no address approach. The person would have to contact you by phone first, and you would be able to identify them at least to the extent you have interacted with them on the forum. That's also why I like the request and email idea, it adds a further level of protection. We could also require that if you haven't started a thread with the outline of your trip you don't get the list. That way everyone here could see who was planning the trip and weigh in with concerns before the list was emailed.
    TWilight likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Thanks Gary. I agree with your concern. That's why I like the number only, no name, no address approach. The person would have to contact you by phone first, and you would be able to identify them at least to the extent you have interacted with them on the forum. That's also why I like the request and email idea, it adds a further level of protection. We could also require that if you haven't started a thread with the outline of your trip you don't get the list. That way everyone here could see who was planning the trip and weigh in with concerns before the list was emailed.
    I can easily say I would help any of our forum members. The level of help and how far out of my way I would go is yet to be determined! I do like the idea you are touting but I may not be as open and accepting as many others here. I applaud those who are but it is my nature to be a bit standoffish and untrusting where my home and family are brought into the mix. It is just me.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

FYI, I just followed Mr. Trip's link and now have sent a PM to a guy in Manitoba...cool.

Make that two guys. I will be interested if I get a response.
    Last edited by Borneo; 09-29-2015 at 07:07 AM.
    TWilight and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

That's an interesting idea, kind of like the BMW Annonymous Book in a forum.
    TWilight and Borneo like this.

Cool idea for our forum members Kurt. Not sure about non members...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links