Remember count your Egg's.
Close

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By ZDR1

Thread: Remember count your Egg's.

Remember count your Egg's.

So I was on emergency call yesterday and I get a call Gas odor inside house fire department standing bye.

I pull up and have two fire trucks and two Hazmat trucks waiting, the older man said he was watching TV heard a pop and started to smell gas and called 911. So guess what I found under his couch in the living room? yes a six month old Easter egg that built up pressure and blew up.

That is a much happier ending than the recent spate of natural gas explosions back east. I think of Zdiver responding to similar emergency calls every time one of these makes the news. Stay safe 'tll retirement!
    I drove through an intersection once just after a backhoe broke a distribution main. Gas pressure was tossing dirt many feet into the air. I wondered how one begins to address this problem with a pipe too big to pinch off. Remote valve somewhere?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

When I worked for a gas line contractor years ago, if it was a plastic main line that we busted, they could still be pinched off, up to 4 inch line, the older metal lines, we had these large rubber and metal bands that would bolt around the pipe to stop a leak if we broke a Tee off. The crew I was on never broke a metal line in half that was active so im not totally sure how they would fix that one

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If it is a one way feed we kill it at the closest valve and have a outage a two way feed we have hydraulic squeezers we run a bye pass squeeze off both sides and cut out the bad pipe replace good to go on service lines we have hand squeezes.
    Lomax if you are looking for work we are hiring in Arizona Nevada California my Company owns a few underground contractors companies.

So when I walk-in the house my first words were yes I smell it and it is not natural gas and my $3,500. rover confirmed it. Bascom-Turner | Portable Gas Detectors | Gas-Rover

Sponosred Links