Close

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Borneo
  • 1 Post By TopPredator
  • 2 Post By TopPredator
  • 1 Post By rbm

Thread: Waterproof Boot Cover-Ups

Waterproof Boot Cover-Ups

Last spring I bought these Exigent Boot Cover-Ups at a Motorcycle Show. I had got caught in a down pour the previous year and luckily I had my rain suit but my boots got soaked. I went to WV this weekend just for a short visit and pickup my TW that I left in Mikes garage. I didn't pack my new waterproof boots because I hadn't plan to ride. Mike and I decided to ride all day in the rain and the only thing I had was these cover-ups. They worked perfect so if you are looking for a product that will keep your feet dry and are packable. These cover-ups do the job.

http://www.exigentbikecovers.com/mob...aspx?itemid=28

image.jpeg

What's on the bottom of them Rick? Might be handy to carry in the cans for those cowboy boot riding days. I had a pair years ago and the pegs chewed the bottom of them up in one day.
    TWilight likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

The bottoms are open on these but this company does make ones with bottoms. I bought these just to shed water not to walk in deep puddles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

This makes great temporary waterproofing of riding boots. And they even come in different colors for the fashion consious! I jest of course, but I do often carry duct tape, just not for boots...but now I'm thinking...

Waterproof pants?

Waterproof helmet. I really like this one!

Waterproof I tell ya!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    Yeah....ALL of my riding boots...100 % of them...are waterproof. Won't leave home without them.
    I hear you Mike. Like all new sports I get into it takes me awhile to get outfitted with all the essentials. It's coming slowly but surely and the fun is the research/shopping. I have only been in this sport for just under a year and a half.
    Last edited by TopPredator; 10-05-2015 at 03:22 PM.
    TWilight likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    This makes great temporary waterproofing of riding boots. And they even come in different colors for the fashion consious! I jest of course, but I do often carry duct tape, just not for boots...but now I'm thinking...

Waterproof pants?

Waterproof helmet. I really like this one!

Waterproof I tell ya!
    I think those pants would make a good Chastity Belt and Pealing the tape off would Suck Big Time.
    admiral and TWilight like this.

Aha ! Therein lays the problem. For some of us....especially the old-timers...this is not a sport...but a lifestyle. Been riding like this for 45 years, and almost 2 million miles.

Once you seriously get into this, you learn things like....EVERY pair of boots I buy are tax deductible, because they can be considered Safety Boots, and written off as a business expense. EVERY jacket I buy....can be written off as a business expense, so they are tax deductible. EVERY pair of glasses I buy....for anything...are written off as a tax deductible business expense.

You see, there are ways to properly dress for this...lifestyle...and write off these expenses.
    I hear you again Mike but I always thought boots had to be steel toe to qualify to be a business expense.

rbm

Once you seriously get into this, you learn things like....EVERY pair of boots I buy are tax deductible, because they can be considered Safety Boots, and written off as a business expense. EVERY jacket I buy....can be written off as a business expense, so they are tax deductible. EVERY pair of glasses I buy....for anything...are written off as a tax deductible business expense.

You see, there are ways to properly dress for this...lifestyle...and write off these expenses.
    Please elaborate Mike. I'd love to partake in this, I NEED a new Aerostich set...
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.

Sponosred Links