LOGO Golf Balls - Need Advice...
Close
         
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By Little Brute
  • 1 Post By methamphetasaur
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By Little Brute
  • 1 Post By Little Brute
  • 4 Post By GaryL
  • 2 Post By Little Brute
  • 1 Post By goldenhtr
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: LOGO Golf Balls - Need Advice...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Little Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    299

    LOGO Golf Balls - Need Advice...

    My late father liked to collect things. Many of them I can see why and others not so much. In assisting my mother in cleaning out her house I have found a huge collection of LOGO golf balls.





    About 20 storage boxes of them, all in labeled egg crates within each box. There are colleges, sports teams, states, people, companies, etc... Almost anything you can think of...

    We need the garage space for other things, so I need to let this collection go. Does anyone have an idea of where to sell them and what kind of price to ask?

    I know basic used golf balls generally sell for $1 each at Roger Dun here in Orange County, CA. I haven't got a count yet, but my mother says she has a complete list on her computer that she setup for him.

    I'll go pull any Trump faced balls, they could be worth a fortune some day!!! Ha, ha, ha...

    Thanks for any suggestions.
    TW200 "Little Brute" is gone - Waiting to see what 2016 brings (WR250R/CRF250 RALLY/KTM390/Africa Twin or E-bicycle?)

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Senior Member Fred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Turtle Wrangling the Sierras
    Posts
    18,710
    Advertise in online golf forum perhaps after a little research of value via Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, and golfing forums? Trying to sell whole collection intact might be quicker than letting individuals cherry-pick the most valuable balls a few at a time. Good luck.
    TWilight likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member Little Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    299
    Holy smokes! I consider myself lucky to only have about 20 boxes to find a home for...

    I seem to remember a thread here about getting "things" in order and taking care of "belongings" before you pass, so family doesn't have to wade through it all. Christmas eve will be one year since my father's passing and I'm still muddling through "things and belongings" and looking for paperwork for certain stuff.

    A family has enough to deal with regarding a loved ones passing itself. Make it as easy as you can for them and get things in order before you go!
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    TW200 "Little Brute" is gone - Waiting to see what 2016 brings (WR250R/CRF250 RALLY/KTM390/Africa Twin or E-bicycle?)

  6. #5
    Senior Member Little Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Advertise in online golf forum perhaps after a little research of value via Golf Magazine, Golf Digest, and golfing forums? Trying to sell whole collection intact might be quicker than letting individuals cherry-pick the most valuable balls a few at a time. Good luck.
    Good suggestions. I found two of those 3' X 3' golf ball frames. Might just select a specific collection for those frames to keep and look for a single buyer for a the rest.

    Thanks.
    TWilight likes this.
    TW200 "Little Brute" is gone - Waiting to see what 2016 brings (WR250R/CRF250 RALLY/KTM390/Africa Twin or E-bicycle?)

  7. #6
    Senior Member GaryL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Forestburgh, NY
    Posts
    8,038
    I have played 36 holes in the last 2 days and golf balls are a very funny subject this time of year up here in the NE when the leaves are falling. I smack a ball off the tee right down the middle and my partner does the same. When we get to where the balls should be they are no where to be found, hiding under a leaf or plugged or hidden in high grass. Where it gets funny is that we could not find our balls but for every one we lost we were able to find 2-3 others from those who went before us and had the same problem. I began my round with a pack of 3 Titleist with red number 4s and lost every one. At the end of the round I has 9 balls that I had found and 4 were Titleist with different numbers plus other good quality balls. I found one with the logo MOJO which is funny because my wife's name is MaryJo and MOJO is her nick name. I found another with Buck's Brittany's as the logo and my dog is a Brittany.

    I guess there are those who collect Logo golf balls but for me I just smack them and don't much care what is on them. Now, If you happen to find a couple balls that have Logos such as Hillary or BHO on them please send them my way because I would honestly enjoys smacking those up and down my course and hope in the end I drown them.

    GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

    1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

  8. #7
    Senior Member Little Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Now, If you happen to find a couple balls that have Logos such as Hillary or BHO on them please send them my way because I would honestly enjoys smacking those up and down my course and hope in the end I drown them. GaryL
    I know I've got a "Slick Willy" golf ball somewhere. I'm sure there are some "Nut Cracker" balls in those boxes (Buddy has a real "Hillary Nut Cracker" and I bet you can guess where you place the nut! Seem to remember seeing some liberal rainbow O-Bummer balls too. There's nothing like swinging away at the face of your nemesis to get a good long drive!

    This is the only golf ball I've collected. My sole "Hole In One" VW logo ball with "Drivers Wanted." emblem. The dealer gave me a case when I bought a 2000 VW Turbo Bettle years ago.



    Hole In One was at Emerald River Golf Course in Lauglin, Nevada - June 22, 2000, 7th hole - 168 yard par 3. Beautiful banana slice with nothing but cup! Right into the hole on the fly and never came out. Sure glad I had a witness or no one would ever believe me...

    Sadly, my nephew visited Laughlin recently and says that golf course that was just south of Harah's is no longer there.
    Last edited by Little Brute; 10-08-2015 at 05:20 PM.
    Dryden-Tdub and SanDue like this.
    TW200 "Little Brute" is gone - Waiting to see what 2016 brings (WR250R/CRF250 RALLY/KTM390/Africa Twin or E-bicycle?)

  9. #8
    Super Moderator goldenhtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Stanwood,Wa
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I have played 36 holes in the last 2 days and golf balls are a very funny subject this time of year up here in the NE when the leaves are falling. I smack a ball off the tee right down the middle and my partner does the same. When we get to where the balls should be they are no where to be found, hiding under a leaf or plugged or hidden in high grass. Where it gets funny is that we could not find our balls but for every one we lost we were able to find 2-3 others from those who went before us and had the same problem. I began my round with a pack of 3 Titleist with red number 4s and lost every one. At the end of the round I has 9 balls that I had found and 4 were Titleist with different numbers plus other good quality balls. I found one with the logo MOJO which is funny because my wife's name is MaryJo and MOJO is her nick name. I found another with Buck's Brittany's as the logo and my dog is a Brittany.

    I guess there are those who collect Logo golf balls but for me I just smack them and don't much care what is on them. Now, If you happen to find a couple balls that have Logos such as Hillary or BHO on them please send them my way because I would honestly enjoys smacking those up and down my course and hope in the end I drown them.

    GaryL
    Hey Gary

    MOJO golf balls are made by Nike.

    Love me some MOJO on the golf course. But I would NEVER start a round with just 3 golf balls maybe 12-15 but never 3. )
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

    "Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

    “I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

  10. #9
    Senior Member GaryL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Forestburgh, NY
    Posts
    8,038
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhtr View Post
    Hey Gary

    MOJO golf balls are made by Nike.

    Love me some MOJO on the golf course. But I would NEVER start a round with just 3 golf balls maybe 12-15 but never 3. )
    LOL, The carts have slots for 3 balls up in the glove box area so that is the start. I probably have 3 dozen in my bag!

    GaryL
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

    Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

    1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The golf course I live on.
    By ZDR1 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 07:08 AM
  2. VIDEO - Tour de Forest 2015, TW200 vs XT250 vs Golf Cart
    By docjekyll2002 in forum TW200 Pictures / Videos
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2015, 10:07 PM
  3. Golf Bag
    By glassyandsunny in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 09:35 AM
  4. New logo
    By mtkd in forum Performance and Customization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
  5. All balls....
    By TW_in_BC in forum Technical Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 06:17 PM