• 2 Post By jb882
  • 2 Post By Dryden-Tdub
  • 2 Post By jb882
  • 1 Post By Dryden-Tdub
  • 1 Post By Devils Advocate
  • 1 Post By Fred

Thread: Cheap deal on a nice 9MM.

Cheap deal on a nice 9MM.

Canik 55 TP9SA 9mm Semi Auto Pistol, Single Action TP-9SA, Black, by CAI, New. . have it sent to a FFL near you for a small fee like a pawn shop.
    I might drive up to Prescott and get me one.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

$25. rebate is over tomorrow and it is made in Turkey.

Personally not a fan of that particular gun. I would not want a de-cocker on a single action firearm, ever.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    Personally not a fan of that particular gun. I would not want a de-cocker on a single action firearm, ever.
    Ok I will play the fool. Why not?

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    Ok I will play the fool. Why not?

Tom
    Its simple. A de-cocked striker fired pistol is pretty much the same thing as carrying with an open chamber( stupid in my opinion). If the gun is de-cocked you would have to rack the slide before it will fire regardless if there is a round in the chamber or not. In a self defense situation that could be the difference between life and death. That de-cock button could inadvertently pressed when carrying rendering your defensive firearm useless when you need it the most.

For me if i have to draw my pistol i want it to go bang when i pull the trigger without fail. I would not want to have to figure out how to rack the slide before it does. What if you don't have two hands available or cant rack it against your belt. You risk malfunction too when you rack it. I don't like safety's on a striker fired pistol either for the same reasons. I want the gun ready at all times.

A de-cocker if fine on a double action pistol but it has no business being put on a single action.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    Its simple. A de-cocked striker fired pistol is pretty much the same thing as carrying with an open chamber( stupid in my opinion). If the gun is de-cocked you would have to rack the slide before it will fire regardless if there is a round in the chamber or not. In a self defense situation that could be the difference between life and death. That de-cock button could inadvertently pressed when carrying rendering your defensive firearm useless when you need it the most.

For me if i have to draw my pistol i want it to go bang when i pull the trigger without fail. I would not want to have to figure out how to rack the slide before it does. What if you don't have two hands available or cant rack it against your belt. You risk malfunction too when you rack it. I don't like safety's on a striker fired pistol either for the same reasons. I want the gun ready at all times.

A de-cocker if fine on a double action pistol but it has no business being put on a single action.
    2 options both have strengths and weaknesses.

De-cocker. If it is of an unobtrusive design is ideal. I looked at this particular gun but have not actually held one. The decocker is recessed nicely and SHOULD be no more of an issue than an external safety. Maybe even less.

No decock mechanism, you are forced to either dry fire to decock or leave the spring perpetually compressed on the striker. Both of these situations could cause light primer strikes and misfires. You and many here are knowledgeable about firearms so I will leave it at that.

To ME the fatal flaw in a carry gun is a magazine disconnect. A panic stricken grasp on your holstered gun too often results in depressing the magazine release. Now you have a paperweight!

Tom
    Mel and Smitty Blackstone like this.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    2 options both have strengths and weaknesses.

De-cocker. If it is of an unobtrusive design is ideal. I looked at this particular gun but have not actually held one. The decocker is recessed nicely and SHOULD be no more of an issue than an external safety. Maybe even less.

No decock mechanism, you are forced to either dry fire to decock or leave the spring perpetually compressed on the striker. Both of these situations could cause light primer strikes and misfires. You and many here are knowledgeable about firearms so I will leave it at that.

To ME the fatal flaw in a carry gun is a magazine disconnect. A panic stricken grasp on your holstered gun too often results in depressing the magazine release. Now you have a paperweight!

Tom
    Like i said i don't like external safety's either for the same reason, i would never turn it on and would not want it turned on inadvertently. My carry firearm has no safety and no mag disconnect either for the reasons you mention above.

In my opinion if you are carrying a gun it should be ready to fire as soon as you pull it from the holster. The user should have to do nothing but pull the trigger, no shutting off the safety no racking of the slide to cock it.

Hidden Content

I do not disagree. My carry gun has neither mag disconnect or decocker. However I have more disposable income than I used too and I have carried many different handguns solely based on what I could afford at the time. Spend lots of time practicing with the gun you carry and this looks like a good quality inexpensive sidearm.

Tom

PS.
    Paul may have one or two other handguns specific to his carrying needs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    ZDR1 likes this.

All depends on how you train. I'm a 1911 fan myself. I carry condition 1 and as my hold is thumb above the safety, it's swept off as I draw. I do carry a Sig P239 on the hot humid days and that's DA/SA with a decocker.

I would agree, decocker on a SAO, striker fired pistol seems somewhat awkward.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.

You guys should get revolvers.
    WECSOG likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links