The old goat must be getting ready to die....
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: The old goat must be getting ready to die....

The old goat must be getting ready to die....

Sun was sure putting a look to it...
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Nice old Dodge. This model is after they quit making Dodges too ugly to die. lol
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    Nice old Dodge. This model is after they quit making Dodges too ugly to die. lol
    Age and beauty are relative I guess.

Attachment 23050
    Mel, WECSOG, jtomelliott49 and 3 others like this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

???

Must be a couple of parallels up above the Rust Belt.

Still looks good from here.

Rust belt! Yup, that is where I live and it sucks. I drive a 2011 Tacoma with the plastic flare fenders and so far so good. As I drive around and see what my friends have I have to say the big 3, GM, Ford and Dodge sure do look pretty ratty after just a few years here. I can't stand a pick up that has rust rotted fender wells but they all seem to be missing the point where the roads are salted, sanded and sprayed with calcium chloride. Fortunately I am retired and can just stay home on most days when the roads are loaded with the chemicals, sand and salt but for those who must venture out it is nasty on the metal. Ford just came out with an all aluminum body and I have to see how that fares in this region. I still think the chemicals will attack aluminum just as hard as the regular steel and the idea was weight reduction rather than rust prevention. I know in the past when ever I bought a new pick up I always had it spray undercoated right at the dealer but even that does very little to protect the fender wells from rotting through in just a few years. Sad to say but I think every pick up should come with nothing but all plastic fender wells where ever the crud is subject to build up under neath. A truck here in NY is sure to last about half as long as the same truck in the southern regions.

GaryL
    Dryden-Tdub and wolfy like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    Rust belt! Yup, that is where I live and it sucks. I drive a 2011 Tacoma with the plastic flare fenders and so far so good. As I drive around and see what my friends have I have to say the big 3, GM, Ford and Dodge sure do look pretty ratty after just a few years here. I can't stand a pick up that has rust rotted fender wells but they all seem to be missing the point where the roads are salted, sanded and sprayed with calcium chloride. Fortunately I am retired and can just stay home on most days when the roads are loaded with the chemicals, sand and salt but for those who must venture out it is nasty on the metal. Ford just came out with an all aluminum body and I have to see how that fares in this region. I still think the chemicals will attack aluminum just as hard as the regular steel and the idea was weight reduction rather than rust prevention. I know in the past when ever I bought a new pick up I always had it spray undercoated right at the dealer but even that does very little to protect the fender wells from rotting through in just a few years. Sad to say but I think every pick up should come with nothing but all plastic fender wells where ever the crud is subject to build up under neath. A truck here in NY is sure to last about half as long as the same truck in the southern regions.

GaryL
    I personally think it all in how you take care of something not the brand per-se. My 2005 chevy that my nephew now drives has over 200k on the clock and still looks like new, no rust anywhere on it. My brother in law drives the 2008 version of the same basic truck and its a crap box. The difference he has never washed it, waxed it or done ant other maint to it of any kind other than oil changes. I take care of my stuff, little things like crawling under in the the spring and rinsing the chassis and underbody so the salt wont fester goes a long way.... Same goes for regular washes and wax.
    GaryL likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    I personally think it all in how you take care of something not the brand per-se. My 2005 chevy that my nephew now drives has over 200k on the clock and still looks like new, no rust anywhere on it. My brother in law drives the 2008 version of the same basic truck and its a crap box. The difference he has never washed it, waxed it or done ant other maint to it of any kind other than oil changes. I take care of my stuff, little things like crawling under in the the spring and rinsing the chassis and underbody so the salt wont fester goes a long way.... Same goes for regular washes and wax.
    I get pretty anal myself and wait for those rare nice days when the temperature goes above 30 and run the truck to the local DIY car wash bay. I spend a lot more time on the undercarriage than I do on the paint surfaces. Getting the crud off quick seems to work well for me and in the spring I use my own power washer to get all the left over crud off the frame. In my next life I think I will have an outdoor lift so I can get right under the truck and really clean it well.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Love the old Mopars...looks great! ..gotta 79 Crew Cab Power Wagon waiting on its turn in the shop.....(behind the boat)
    jtomelliott49 and MonkeyShine like this.
    1976 Honda XL 350
    2001 Yamaha TW 200
    2004 XR 650R
    Like Black Powder guns? Hidden Content
    Check out my youtube channel Hidden Content

My Father had a truck like that old 1946. We lived on a long gravel road & as a kid, I would pull a drag with that truck up & down the road to fill potholes & that's how I learned to drive. Lol. The PTO winch was real handy around the farm. We wouldn't drive the thing more than 40 or 45 because it was so low geared, but for the time & place it was fine .
    I'm 58 now & wanted one of those "Ugly Trucks" but it didn't seem too practical these days. So I have a 1993 W250 with the Cummins & a Warn 8274 up front. My girlfriend hates the rough riding "Ugly Thing" & all guys love it. All I know is it takes me back to happy & simpler times when thing were slower paced.
    Last edited by Bobo413; 10-17-2015 at 08:00 AM.
    jtomelliott49 and WECSOG like this.

My first rig...bought it new in 84 with 11 miles on it....long winter of trapping, shooting, and skinning coyotes....got it 4 months before I even had a drivers license...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links