Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By DonBenito
  • 3 Post By methamphetasaur
  • 1 Post By Borneo
  • 1 Post By Borneo

Thread: Best gloves / mittens?

Best gloves / mittens?

My hands get cold somewhat easily and I was wondering if any of you could recommend any gloves or mittens that stand out above the rest? I don't have a problem spending a fair amount of cash on a pair of gloves as long as they are reasonably tough and will keep my hands warm. Just getting a bit tired of cold hands and being really underwhelmed at the average selection of mitts out there. I'd like something that will keep em warm when it's well below zero.

Heated grips are the best. Good gloves only go so far.
    admiral likes this.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

http://marmot.com/products/details/8000-meter-mitt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using Tapatalk
    admiral likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

As DonBenito said above, "gloves can only go so far". Over the years, I have been very satisfied with ATV Mitts. They have kept my hands very comfortable in cold weather. With how warm the mitts are, I am able to wear a thinner pair of gloves or sometimes no gloves at all if the temperature isn't too bad. I've not tried headed grips or other heated gear, but I think heated grips in addition to ATV Mitts would keep your hands even toastier. There are all kinds of brands and models to choose from and ATV Mitts are pretty darn inexpensive also! For example: Classic Accessories ATV Handlebar Mitts, Black - Walmart.com

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

A note on post #4. I decided to simply answer the question and direct you to the warmest mittens I've ever personally used (mine are an older version of the same, lacking some of the fancy refinements, but for all intents and purposes the same mitt) They are darned expensive and designed to bring back all your fingers from extreme environments.

As for riding, and more modest exposure and cost, heated grips are indeed nice. Truth be told though, I always felt that heated gloves provided me with more consistent and uniform warmth as opposed to the heated grips. Bar muffs are indeed an asset and a valuable addition as Admiral notes. My experience is with the Oxford models, and I am a fan. I bought my first pair when I (and Purple ) was but a wee child, and I bought them in the UK. They are still serviceable after all these years which attests well to their quality. Our far north member Peterb also gives them his knowledgeable stamp of approval especially when coupled with Oxford heated grips. Peterb has sold me on the Oxford brand heated grips. I used to use whatever was the best deal. Peter showed me how the Oxfords have a circuit design that monitors overall voltage and either reduces the heat to the grips or even shuts them off if system voltage becomes compromised. A very good feature, especially on a TW with it's marginal electrical output.
    admiral likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Sponosred Links