22.lr
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 22.lr

22.lr

TWilight likes this.

EWB
    nice....I have a good set of .22 handguns and rifles. people dis em but I can shoot a brick and really work on my fundamentals for the center fire guns
    Monkaceae likes this.

Been some 22 showing up a Walmart here. I walked in last Friday & bought 2 1000 round packs, for $50.87 a pack.
    They had 100 round packs of Remington Golden too, but I left those for others.
    My Marlin 39 is going to be doing some talkin this weekend. I'll look like Lucas McCain. Lol.
    ZDR1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

EWB
    typical...pea shooter type comments. most people think bigger is better. and I agree it would be my round of choice. at least that is what I yell during every zombie show

My only problem with using 22 for self defense is rimfire ammo isn't as reliable as centerfire ammo.
    Anyone who has shot 22 to any degree has had a misfire. Yes you can restrike & most times it will fire.
    Out plinking, this is just a annoyance. In a gunfight it would make for a very bad day...

I bought my girlfriend a Ruger 10/22 for her birthday this year. It is her first firearm, and I'm a believer that anyone's first gun should be a .22. I usually wouldn't recommend a semi-auto, but in her case, I decided it would be okay. Cabela's was out of all but the pricey .22 ammo, but a shooting range/store had a good supply. Gotta love going out to shoot, and not breaking the bank.
    Gulfrider likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

It's not hard to find here.I always have a brick or two.

Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    I bought my girlfriend a Ruger 10/22 for her birthday this year. It is her first firearm, and I'm a believer that anyone's first gun should be a .22. I usually wouldn't recommend a semi-auto, but in her case, I decided it would be okay. Cabela's was out of all but the pricey .22 ammo, but a shooting range/store had a good supply. Gotta love going out to shoot, and not breaking the bank.
    i may pick up a 10/22 this weekend...stainless/synthetic for $200...my nylon 66 isn't a good scoped shooter due to the receiver cover...why wouldn't you recommend a semi-auto .22 for a first rifle?...seems like most kids start with a 10/22...cheap rifle, reliable, cheap ammo, so many aftermarket parts to customize, eats anything, etc...my sr22 was the first pistol i ever bought and i'll never sell it
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Just picked up the last two boxes at zdiver1's spot.

TexGX
    TexGX
    1996 TW200

Zdiver, I have just always been old school I guess. My dad taught me that way. Maybe I should re'think my logic. I have always thought about the fact that a semi-auto is ready to fire after you have a cartridge in the chamber and the weapon is cocked (if single action). When I was learning to shoot, there weren't double action semi_autos. I thought it was dangerous, I dunno. With a single action revolver you have to cock to load the next cartridge, and with a double action, the pull is noticeably harder. I was raised on bolt action rifles, and pump shotguns. Maybe I'm being silly in this day and age.
    WECSOG likes this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links