San Bernardino Shooting - Close to Home!
Close

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree625Likes

Thread: San Bernardino Shooting - Close to Home!

Thumbs up San Bernardino Shooting - Close to Home!

This is a general area which I frequent. It's less than half an hour from my home. My brother knows people who work there (very light acquaintance...), and has even gone there himself during his work a few times over recent months. Sadly none of those helpless people had any way of defending themselves. Did the police save their lives? Sure, some of them, perhaps... For the others, they were too late. If only some in that crowd had been carriers, there might well have been only four or five deaths, instead of 14. Unfortunately, of course, the result of this will be the usual bull shit: taking guns away from the people who are NOT committing these types of crimes.

I mean honestly, if these people really do have "terrorist" connections, then they're going to get their guns and ammo whether or not it's legal. I just wish people could see the reality of these situations. People will blame guns for the deaths of these innocents; they need to be blaming the people behind those guns. And people will say that taking guns away is a solution. If all guns could magically disappear, it might be a solution. That just isn't reality. Even if they did all disappear, it wouldn't be a solution; people have been killing other people for many thousands of years - long before the first firearms.
    Last edited by kj7687; 12-03-2015 at 03:26 PM.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Even if they all did magically disappear they would use other things to kill. AND there would be more instances of violent crime because the criminals can be sure no body will pull a gun on them.
    Hidden Content

2009 TW200 "Cracker" - His fun ADV bike
    2006 TW200 "Blue" - Her fun ADV bike
    2011 XL1200X "48" - My cool bike
    1977 KZ650 - My vintage sport bike

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    KJ, one of the issues that needs to be addressed....is that even if 100 % of the employees in that agency were licensed to carry a concealed weapon......the employer would not have allowed it.

Government agencies, whether Federal, State, County or Municipal will not allow employees to carry a concealed weapon on them, while at work, and in the workplace....unless employed in the field of Law Enforcement.

"IF" I am wrong on this, someone please correct me.
    Indeed that's a problem. Most likely that's why the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

And yes, Doc, I suspect you are 100% correct in your analysis.
    Last edited by Borneo; 12-03-2015 at 04:12 PM.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

No TWilight, you got it right. I can't even carry into the Post Office by law. Most employers, whether government or not, will prohibit/restrict personal concealed carry. There are a few exceptions that I know of, but the liability issues are large.
    jtomelliott49 and TWilight like this.

DA is correct about the Post Office. Strange, we originally elected these wagonjacks to protect and preserve our rights and freedoms.

Attachment 24734
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

There is a saying, .."Better to be judged by 12 than carried by six".

It's the gun-free zones that need banning, not people who carry firearms to exercise their Constitutional rights.

So,,,,if I carry while driving my school bus,,,,some jake leg bastard tries to carry a kid off my bus,,,,I bust a cap in his ass,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,,,,will the lawyers have a field day with my freedom,,,,when I should be a hero for saving somebodies' son/brother/grandson. The system is backward. Someone on this forum quoted a while back, "When seconds matter, help will be there in minutes." I know I didn't get that exact, but it's close.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

While certainly not all Muslims are terrorists it is notable that lately most terrorists seem to be Muslims.
    The husband killer employed there was treated and paid rather well, the employees hosted a party for his newborn, he was allowed to go home for prayers 4 times a day in the name of political correctness and tolerance of diversity yet look what happens. He had known contacts with FBI's persons of interest so it is unlikely that his religious beliefs were not at core of his and wife's murderous rampage. So sad. Another"faithful" programmed by tenants of his faith to be essentially a sleeper cell ready to be unleashed against the infidels.

Can't wait to see their GoPro videos of the massacre.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

What is so wrong with America that others are taught to hate us so?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links