Food for Thought
Close
         
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By scotti158
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 4 Post By DonBenito

Thread: Food for Thought

  1. #1
    Senior Member scotti158's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Groton, NY
    Posts
    2,663

    Food for Thought

    2013 Yamaha TW200

    1996 Yamaha TW200

    1995 Kawasaki KLR650

    2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

  2. #2
    Senior Member Hoot Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Grand Lake Ohio
    Posts
    4,412
    Guy looks like he has been hitting the Peyote and Firewater way to much....
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

    Hidden Content

    TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

  3. #3
    Senior Member Fred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Turtle Wrangling the Sierras
    Posts
    18,713
    We kind of took over the New World, which was their old world.5568cd3987d3148c5478acba91ac0328.jpg
    Dryden-Tdub and Gerry like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member Gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Paradise, Calif.
    Posts
    3,513
    MY THOUGHT IS, this fellow is one of the few human beings that realizes that we are all human beings. Yup, the same blood and guts. He looks around when shit happens and the perpetrator is always a 'human being'. In my opinion, suggesting it is one of 'them' is counter productive. The same planet that we all share managed just fine before human beings (black, white, brown, yellow, christian, jew, moslem, buddhist, male, female, ME) started screwing things up.

    Once again we need to realize WE (human beings) are the problem. WE need to work towards a solution.

    Yea I know, I am probably some less than Red/White and Blue piss ant (or worse). I likely don't get it.....

    I had occasion to get some insight into the Crusades. Good lord, in God's name?

    Watched a PBS program about "our" planet. Ravaged ecosystems, plants and animals pushed into oblivion over the last few hundred years. Folks, that's not the fault of Christians, Moslems, or Jews. Likely it does not have much to do with weather you are a man or woman. My guess is; the responsible party is, as a group, human beings. My thoughts anyways. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

  6. #5
    Senior Member Hoot Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Grand Lake Ohio
    Posts
    4,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    MY THOUGHT IS, this fellow is one of the few human beings that realizes that we are all human beings. Yup, the same blood and guts. He looks around when shit happens and the perpetrator is always a 'human being'. In my opinion, suggesting it is one of 'them' is counter productive. The same planet that we all share managed just fine before human beings (black, white, brown, yellow, christian, jew, moslem, buddhist, male, female, ME) started screwing things up.

    Once again we need to realize WE (human beings) are the problem. WE need to work towards a solution.

    Yea I know, I am probably some less than Red/White and Blue piss ant (or worse). I likely don't get it.....

    I had occasion to get some insight into the Crusades. Good lord, in God's name?

    Watched a PBS program about "our" planet. Ravaged ecosystems, plants and animals pushed into oblivion over the last few hundred years. Folks, that's not the fault of Christians, Moslems, or Jews. Likely it does not have much to do with weather you are a man or woman. My guess is; the responsible party is, as a group, human beings. My thoughts anyways. Gerry
    Well Hell, I guess we could exterminate all Humans and the earth would be just fine and dandy....you want to start the Exodus?
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

    Hidden Content

    TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

  7. #6
    Senior Member DonBenito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Well Hell, I guess we could exterminate all Humans and the earth would be just fine and dandy....you want to start the Exodus?
    The Earth will be just fine and dandy no matter what. Human beings are not capable of destroying the earth, or even life on Earth, we are merely capable of destroying ourselves.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

  8. #7
    Senior Member Hoot Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Grand Lake Ohio
    Posts
    4,412
    Quote Originally Posted by DonBenito View Post
    The Earth will be just fine and dandy no matter what. Human beings are not capable of destroying the earth, or even life on Earth, we are merely capable of destroying ourselves.
    Damn Don, you mean, Obama saying that "Man Made Climate Change is the Biggest Threat Facing the World" might not be true....? Tell me that the self appointed King is not really wrong about his warped view of the world, is he?
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

    Hidden Content

    TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. We should have a camping food thread.
    By ZDR1 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-31-2015, 06:32 PM
  2. just want my food.
    By ZDR1 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 08:50 PM
  3. Freeze Dried food and Camping on FR 300 Rim RD AZ.
    By ZDR1 in forum Trails, Off-road, and Adventure Riding
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 09:50 AM
  4. A thought about foo peg mods.
    By dogonit in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2014, 06:28 PM
  5. another second thought
    By demarko69 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM