Weather
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: Weather

Weather

Washington just had one of the best summers on record. That is sunny skies and warm weather, one of the longest dry spells on record. Are we paying for that now?, you bet. Today we will surpass the yearly rain expectation. It is coming down in sheets with wind. Down trees, power out and such, and of course the flooding that comes with it. Around Puget sound they are worried about slides. Every year along the Amtrak route along Everett it is shut down due to a slide. Most of the Seattle area is glacier till. That is clay with rock of all sizes in a conglomerate. When dry it is like cement. When wet it turns to soup.

I am fortunate to live above the plane of the river by several ft. The fields below me do flood and the fence posts disappear each year for a few days at a time. I am sure they will be going under again soon. As bad and depressing as the damp cold and not seeing the sun for weeks at a time, it beats the worry of tornadoes and baseball size hail.

I am about to really think about heading south for a month or so.

Looks like the Pacific North-West is gonna get another foot of rain today in places. Time for Randall to make sure the ark's anchors hold and it doesn't float away before he can get aboard.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Rain Rain Rain here and I hate it. Tomorrow is supposed to bring us 60 mph winds...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thankfully I am close to the ocean which does keep us above freezing with the westerlies. Only get the cold when we get the northeast or east winds.
    TWilight, SanDue and mhomadness like this.

El Nino's rain may well arrive this week accompanied by a major wind event. Time for the west to batten down the hatches and prepare for a big blow.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Michael!!!!!

(I see you laughing...)

You do realize that I am a bit of a recluse and like to lay low... don't you??!!

And, how can I do that if you keep this up?? At least it only comes once a year...

*Whad ya git me? Whad ya git me? ha ha
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TWilight View Post
    And that is one reason I live up on a hill, at 500 foot elevation. They are expecting another 2 to 4 inches of rain today, and when I look outside...I don't doubt it.

News stations said that "yesterday" was the 3rd darkest day in Western Washington's history. Light meters on top of the science building at U of W measure that, and it was DARK.

Yet.....they expect today to be even darker...........and we are not talking about a lot of Muslims moving into the area (ha ha ha ha ha)

To "me"....this past Summer here was TOO dry, and TOO hot. I live in the Pacific Northwest by choice, because I like the "usual" weather we have here, that keeps most other people OUT of the Pacific Northwest.

But day after day of heavy rain......reminds me that two days from now....December 10th....it is............

Little Tommy's Birthday

Sharing a Birthday with my departed WWII Daddy......Stan would have been 98 years old this Thursday:Stan 1956 November.jpg
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Back to the weather, party cloudy and 52 as I type...with highs slated to reach the lower 60s over the weekend, but no riding in the forecast 80% chance of rain is also on tap
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Shit it's 73 and sunny here right now, and the forecast is highs in the upper 70s through the weekend. Rough!

82 and breezy here today
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links