Active Shooter
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Active Shooter

Active Shooter

I have been talking to my family and friends on how to survive an Active Shooter situation. Unfortunately as a father I never expected to have to teach my family how to survive these situations, but its real and I damn sure don't want them to freeze. It's spooky listening to interviews of people who are involved in these shootings. Most people are in complete disbelief and don't know what to do. I found a couple videos that I have used to teach them how to survive these horrific events. What have you done to train your love ones?

Signed. Unarmed in MD.

Last edited by TopPredator; 12-09-2015 at 06:07 AM.

A lousy situation indeed, and sadly most people{including many of us} would freeze for that extra few seconds and be SOL.....we can train all we want, but train and jumping into correct action are not always going to go hand in hand.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    crazy isn't it that we have to train in surviving "active shooters"... terrorism has changed our world forever... the safety and innocence of our youth will never return.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Never thought on that. My family consists of my wife and I. Both well trained shooters.
    I have hunted a fair portion of my life, been in some tense scenes with wild pigs, hunting with dogs an spear.
    Doubtful I'd hesitate, not as sure of my wife. In my current "brain damaged" state i'd be even quicker to shoot.
    No consequences as I am "compromised" mentally, too bad I'm not a criminal.
    My Daddy used to worry about this stuff only is wasn't Arabs
    it was "Commies" before that it was the influx of Euros. Nothing new, just better technology to kill.
    I'd be real befuddled to have kids these days myself for many reasons.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

I own a couple shotguns and rifles but thinking of applying for concealed carry, the way the world is going...
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

It truly has changed from when we were our kids age. Lauren's response to this subject is... "Dad I'm in Hawaii no body would do that here". Of course I told her not to under estimate crazy killers.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Never unarmed.

I learned the tricks of the trade as an Air Force Cop back in the later 60s and early 70s....and whether it was my time in Vietnam or stateside...the thought and momentary hesitation, because of the consequences involved in shooting a perp, whether the actually enemy or some drunken fools was always in the back of your mind....with the Politically Correct nature of today's world, the police and military are screwed...shoot some asshole and some clown like Al Sharpton or Barack Obama will be calling you a racist killer, if you kill one of their kind. If you plug a Goat Loving Muzzie in the Middle East, you are likely to be charged by the Military Brass....

It's no win situation and exactly why few are willing to join the military or police force....and some that do are no better than the perps......and so down the tubes go this once great Republic, and you can sugar coat it all you want, Political Correctness and Diversity are a Cancer, and the patient {USA} is on life support.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

I was an active shooter yesterday plinking away at long range with my target pistol until I ran out of ammo. A quick trip to Cabellas found only empty shelves for .22 but lots of .17 HMR rimfire. Maybe I should invest in one of these 3,000 fps wonder rifles and just shoot at stuff a lot farther away.IMG_4194.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

484 miles east from the geographical center of the United States
    Carry a weapon if you are licensed. A good guy with a gun will generally stop a bad guy with a gun. I teach active shooter classes to employees. Unfortunately, most of them would not be allowed to carry a gun in their work environment due to the law.

Most active shooters are not prepared to deal with active resistance and will take their own life when confronted with a law enforcement officer or good guy with a gun.

Be very careful in "gun free zones"..Just my two cents..
    "Tolerance is not the same thing as acceptance, and acceptance is not the same thing as an endorsement"

Life Member VFW / Life Member NRA / WWG1-WGA

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links