Stuff You Have Destroyed
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Stuff You Have Destroyed

Stuff You Have Destroyed

After seeing all the great creative things folks here have created how about some of our more destructive accomplishments?
    blowing_shit_up_for_dummies_by_akatsuki_misery_sama.jpg
    Don't really need a guidebook , some of us have a natural knack for it. .315f4851e1197e6e6d8719127c938d23.jpg
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Attachment 25014

Just happened to have one of your submissions handy on the computer here at the office Fred.
    Last edited by Borneo; 12-09-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

^^^^No explanation??^^^^

Touche mon ami Borneo.
    Years ago acting as the project engineer for an exploration concern I got to wear a lot of hats that none of the geologic staff wanted. One was supervising road construction by our looney cat operator. He was crazy brave when it came to nibbling away drill roads from face of mountainous terrain in his ancient D-6. Unsure as to whether I could ever replace him I let him get away with a lot of shenanigans including skipping most of a explosives certification course I monitored with him. He spent all his time in the whorehouses of Juarez and I would explain things to him later after his lust was satisfied. I actually still have a first prize commemorative knife for the best det-delay layouts.
    Anyways I would urge him to use reasonable blast layouts to only fracture and lift the rock a bit so he had some fill to push around with his cat afterwards. No,no,no, ANFO was cheap ( we mixed our own Ammonium Nitrate Fuel Oil), the 25 millisecond detonation delays languished in his truck, and he would take exquisite joy in no-delay massive charges that sent fly rock hundreds of yards downslope. I admit I enjoyed the show too. Looked dramatic on in-house promo videos used to spice up next years budget requests but was tremendously inefficient. ( That was another hat I inherited by default...designated video producer) BOOM!
    Eventually we paid the cat skinner enough to lease a bigger more powerful dozer but it was always a challenge to balance yucking it up with him with keeping him and others safe. We blew up a lot of innocent limestone! He did teach me how to skin and roast fresh rattle snake over a mesquite fire on a piece of wire for a mid-day snack...a little salt and garlic from his truck, wrap in a tortilla shell and yum,yum.
    I digress terminally...your guy's turn.
    Last edited by Fred; 12-09-2015 at 03:46 PM.
    mhomadness, elime and Hidebound like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Sorry mhomadness. Picture is of a totally destroyed camp. Avalanche of course. The tent to the right was set up afterwards, as I assume is obvious.
    mhomadness likes this.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

One of my more recent destruction accomplishments!

Fred, mhomadness, Mel and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Admiral really hammered that one good!
    admiral and mhomadness like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Sorry, no pictures, but you can just imagine...

I once installed a 3000 gallon plastic water tank at the top of a hill. The day was getting late, & so I connected the 2" PVC pipe to the bottom outlet of the tank, and called that good, with the intention of returning in a couple of days to continue & finish the installation. There the empty 3000 gallon tank sat safely, so I thought...

The very next afternoon, a freak wind Hit the Anderson valley! A friend of mines home weather station registered wind speed of 99 mph just before it broke! To this day no one knows for sure what caused it, tornado, micro-burst? Lots of trees fell & broke, & other wind damage, amazingly no one injured.

The force of this wind blew so hard against the 3000 gallon plastic tank, that one witness described it as looking like a balloon held by a string flailing in the wind! The string, being several hundred feet of 2" pvc pipe that was laying in a trench yet to be buried. Finally the tank could take no more, and tore apart, leaving what looked like an oversize kiddie pool laying on the ground, still attached to the 2" pipe. The rest of the tank now airborne, flew about 100 ft. across a road, through the neighbors fence, & came to rest in their yard.

Yes, an act of God. But if I had pumped one foot of water into that tank, it would have not budged. Sometimes... m.
    Last edited by mhomadness; 12-09-2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling, TWlight might read this...
    Fred, admiral and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Well...
    I destroyed a crapload of brain cells growing up...
    admiral, Darth, troll and 4 others like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links