Post something you actually hope to get for Christmas!
Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree355Likes

Thread: Post something you actually hope to get for Christmas!

Post something you actually hope to get for Christmas!

Here's mine. It should make Christmas morning interesting....

Daisy Cork Rifle- Carnival Cork Rifle

Ah yes, the County Fair. Covertly making sure the cork was coated with a bit of spit. Painstakingly pressing it in perfectly...and impressing the 10 year old girls with your stuffed animal winning ability. Priceless.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Now that's cool. One of my fondest memories is when me & some buddies set up a "carnival" in our backyard, with several booths, each with a version of some arcade game, then rode around the neighborhood hollering at all the other kids to come to the carnival. Was a great success, as we made a few dollars revenue. That cork gun would be a hit in the back yard, shooting at plastic cups or something. Thanks for sharing this. Just might have to get me one! Heck, my birthday is on Friday. This could be the gift!
    Fred, littletommy, SanDue and 3 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

WOW Borneo, you are dragging up some old memories so I have to convey our story. To set the time I had to be between 8-10 years old so 1960 or so. My brother is 2 years older and we had our Christmas tree set up in the finished basement. Mom and Dad banned us from going down stairs the afternoon of Christmas Eve as they were wrapping presents and getting things ready for the morning. Dad was up all night long doing something down there and we were beside ourselves with wonder. It was a good year for dad at work and his boss gave him a fat bonus to make sure us kids had a great Christmas.

Christmas morning came and we got down stairs to see a giant cardboard shooting gallery that was the size of a small refrigerator. It had a motor from the erector set that made duck move across the bottom and a pendulum type of moving target swinging back and forth with a bell in the middle when you hit the bulls eye. Two of those Daisey cork guns and a few bags of 100 corks. It was a complete surprise and we had a blast. Me and my brother also got our first BB guns, mine was a pump and his was a red rider lever action. Our younger sister got a bunch of Barbie crap and an EZ bake oven so she was very happy. Mom and Dad went to bed but don't think they were doing much sleeping while we stayed downstairs playing with our new toys. Cork guns got old real quick because they had pretty lousy accuracy so you can probably figure out the rest of this story. Dad spent hours folding and putting that big target gallery together so it worked just right and me and brother got to work in the basement with our new BB guns on it. Boy was Dad pissed when he came down and saw the ducks all tore up and we had shot the bell right off the pendulum. We lost the BB guns the same day we got them! Mom just stood there and said those famous words, "I told you so"!

We still laugh about that Christmas day to this very day and will this Christmas too. My brother who has 2 sons is a bit of a slow learner or has a rather poor memory of our childhood antics or it could just be he had more trust with his own sons. He bought them both BB guns one Christmas and I reminded him of our first BB guns. His sons were pissed the morning of Christmas when they opened up their new Daisey's only to find Dad had forgot to buy BBs. Actually, he bought plenty but had them locked up in his gun cabinet and only gave them to the boys when they went outdoors with some very strict rules attached. They both lost their guns when the younger one came in crying and Mom had to remove a BB from his rear that was just under the skin.

A great time was had by all!

Thanks for reminding me.

GaryL
    Ebbanflood, Mel, TWilight and 11 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I have that same size reel with the LL feature, line leader button that allows line out when a fish hits until you turn the handle and lock the spool. Great reels for sure and I bought it from an Amazon seller last summer for $109, Great Houshold out of Lexington. KY.

I also bought a second spool for it so I have one with heavy line for stripers and blues and another with 10 pound for bass and trout. That came from Scott's Bait and Tackle in little egg harbor, NJ.

GaryL
    Last edited by GaryL; 12-12-2015 at 08:25 AM.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I was thinking about the live line option but it will be used 99% of the time with lures. I have the Penn Battle II on my 9' and it is awesome, I want to give this a try with a 7'.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryL View Post
    I have that same size reel with the LL feature, line leader button that allows line out when a fish hits until you turn the handle and lock the spool. Great reels for sure and I bought it from an Amazon seller last summer for $109, Great Houshold out of Lexington. KY.

I also bought a second spool for it so I have one with heavy line for stripers and blues and another with 10 pound for bass and trout. That came from Scott's Bait and Tackle in little egg harbor, NJ.

GaryL
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

The Penn Fierce 2 Live Liner (with the bait runner) will out perform that one - more drag ........... PENN FIERCE II LIVE LINER Fishing Reel FRCII2500LL FREE USA SHIPPING! BRAND NEW! | eBay

The 2500 is the smallest one - but they come in a variety of sizes - the Live Liner is a good option to have - means you can relax a bit on the take, and hit the main drag to set the hook .......
    Last edited by Purple; 12-12-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbanflood View Post
    I was thinking about the live line option but it will be used 99% of the time with lures. I have the Penn Battle II on my 9' and it is awesome, I want to give this a try with a 7'.
    Sending a PM so as not to jack this thread any further!

GaryL

It was a long time ago but if I remember correctly the corks my Daisy fired were round balls...

We don't do gifts anymore so I'm not hoping for anything but some peace....

TWilight, Fred, SanDue and 7 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links