• 1 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Ebbanflood
  • 2 Post By phelonius
  • 4 Post By admiral
  • 6 Post By 1911garand
  • 2 Post By grewen

Thread: polaris ACE 570

polaris ACE 570

I picked up one of these a few months ago hoping the wife might like to get out and ride with us. As far as that goes was a waste of money.

I however am starting to like the ability of this machine. I have a Honda Rincon 650 set up with maxxis bighorns, a winch and ball hitch. I never have liked the 3sp auto though as it doesn't have a good low gear. It has plenty of power, but low is just to fast to be able to crawl around without over working the torque converter, at least in my opinion.

This is where that ACE shines. I don't care for the belt drive, but it does work. It only has two ranges and in low, which is where I mostly use it, it pulls much better than the Rincon. Today I pulled my trailer, one I made to pull behind the Dakota PU, has a bed 10ft long and tilts. Had my sawmill on it and two passengers to hold down the front as I was going uphill. No problem, came to a mudhole about 20ft across and gunned it a bit. All I hears was laughter as it came to a stop. Those two rears put up a couple of mud gysers and of course the two catching a lot of it. They hopped off, I backed up and went on through.

After using this unique little machine I am finding a real liking to it. Driving like a car with a steering wheel and having true 4wd it is a workhorse. Will be fun to play some in Moab with it. The TW is still king down there though. I am hoping Lori might take it out and see what she thinks about it. With room for the pooch, rollbars, a comfortable seat and power enough to pull in the carnage, should be a fun time.

Neat idea r.e. Moab Randall. The locals seem to allow a lot of side-by-sides, UTE's, buggies, etc to roam the city streets. If they turn a similar blind eye to the Ace there is tremendous riding opportunies to be had.
    plumbstraight likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Should not be an issue, my quad is street legal and by Moab that Ace might be also.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wow, that's a nice machine. Just like a side by side but lighter, more agile and no one yelling at you to slowdown, perfect.
    admiral and plumbstraight like this.

Whadaya know, a solo side by side.
    Phelonius

32 horsepower, thats as much as a volkswagon had in the early sixties.
    littletommy and jeffrolives like this.
    Phelonius

I do kind of like the looks of these. One of the only times I would not like one of these is some real off camber rut infested trails. I like the ability to stand on the uphill side running board of an atv just in case I have to bail off should it tip over. Also a couple sketchy area's at Moab going up or downhill which would have made be nervous in one of these. Kind of ironic statements coming from someone who has had a fair share of offs on motorcycles. A large percentage of the time a person is not riding on the trails this dangerous.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

These are great little units. Obviously based on the classic , super proven Sportsman chassis that has been around since the mid '90s.

It was actually intended for more "beginner" users. It is safer than an ATV, lower seat height, and a cab frame to protect the driver.

Great engine! I wrote the service manual for the 570 engine when I worked at Polaris. (worked there 10 years) Only down side is the shim-under-bucket valve adjustment sucks - nothing like the TW200!!

No issues with the belt drive - we tested the snot out of them in the RZR 570.
    Last edited by 1911garand; 12-17-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I do kind of like the looks of these. One of the only times I would not like one of these is some real off camber rut infested trails. I like the ability to stand on the uphill side running board of an atv just in case I have to bail off should it tip over. Also a couple sketchy area's at Moab going up or downhill which would have made be nervous in one of these. Kind of ironic statements coming from someone who has had a fair share of offs on motorcycles. A large percentage of the time a person is not riding on the trails this dangerous.
    it looks like if it ever went end over end, it would be like a beach ball and not stop rolling till it hit bottom. much like a smart car
    admiral and TWilight like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Sponosred Links