My gun!
Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: My gun!

My gun!

Today I Placed my S&W .357 revolver on the table right next to my front door. I left 6 cartridges beside it, then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's son across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the "stop" sign near the front of my house.

After about an hour, I checked on the gun. It was quietly sitting there, right where I had left it. It had not moved itself outside. It had not killed anyone. Certainly, even with the Numerous opportunities it had presented to do that. In fact, it had not even loaded itself.

Well you can imagine my surprise, with all the hype by the Left and the media about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in the world.

The United States is 3rd in Murders Throughout The World. But if you take away just 5 cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, St Louis and New Orleans -- the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the ENTIRE World, for Murders.

These 5 Cities are controlled by Democrats. They also have the toughest gun control laws in the USA. However, it would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data ... right?

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons; I hear they're making people fat.

GaryL

admiral, Fred, Gulfrider and 18 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Damb Gary, that's so old the original version was probably written in Latin.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

rbm
    Funny, mine does the same thing every day... My spoons on the other hand.... I need a diet...

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rbm View Post
    Funny, mine does the same thing every day... My spoons on the other hand.... I need a diet...
    I'm on one right now, which makes me say grumpy things like post #2.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Actually Detroit has to follow the laws of the State of Michigan which is a shall issue state. Open carry is also legal in Michigan, hence Detroit. Open carry is not legal in Texas which is considered to have some of the most lax gun laws. Recently the Chief Law Enforcement Officer for the City of Detroit has encouraged law abiding citizens to get their concealed carry permits and to carry.

Detroit is still a liberal crap hole but crime, especially violent crime is dropping. That may be due in large part to the mass exodus of the working class out of Detroit due to loss of jobs and now there is no longer anyone to hold up.
    Last edited by Devils Advocate; 12-16-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    Actually Detroit has to follow the laws of the State of Michigan which is a shall issue state. Open carry is also legal in Michigan, hence Detroit. Open carry is not legal in Texas which is considered to have some of the most lax gun laws. Recently the Chief Law Enforcement Office for the City of Detroit has encouraged law abiding citizens to get their concealed carry permits and to carry.

Detroit is still a liberal crap hole but crime, especially violent crime is dropping. That may be due n large part to the mass exodus of the working class out of Detroit due to loos of jobs and now there is no longer anyone to hold up.
    Yes and NO! Thugs tend to stay where they can make a decent living but places like Detroit, Chicago and many others still have plenty of criminal activity going on in the inner cities and mostly centered around drugs. Most of the working class middle income folks have bailed or got down sized and left for better work. What is left are what we see protesting and looting. Most crime is centered around black on black or other minorities against each other and many are never reported until someone gets dead or seriously injured. Michigan is far from alone in this respect and here in NY the last places you want to go are Newburgh and Poughkeepsie.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

WECSOG and wolfy like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    I'm on one right now, which makes me say grumpy things like post #2.
    Its impossible for me to even try dieting between Halloween and new years...
    1911garand and TWilight like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Its impossible for me to even try dieting between Halloween and new years...
    Come on LT......I haven't forgotten.........-25# gets you a new rain suit.

jb
    littletommy and TWilight like this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

I'm on a see food diet!
    plumbstraight likes this.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links