Close

Like Tree14Likes
  • 8 Post By Croatoan
  • 2 Post By WECSOG
  • 3 Post By jtomelliott49
  • 1 Post By Borneo

Thread: Merry Christmas

LT, please delete this post
    Last edited by Croatoan; 07-13-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Merry Christmas Cro.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Hey brother Cro!!! Merry Christmas!!!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Merry Christmas Cro!

Tom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Merry Christmas!

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs, and that young girl sings it beautifully. I'm glad she (or more likely, her singing coach) has enough self-respect to sing it properly, in the classical way. This song deserves that.
    Too many popular singers do not have that self-respect and they end up ruining it, for me at least. The country singers want to "twang" it up, and you know what the rest do. A prime example is Mariah Carey. She is a beautiful lady and has a beautiful voice, but she doesn't have enough respect for either the song or herself, IMHO, to do it properly. Or maybe she is just not good enough?

I do have to give kudos to Carrie Underwood. She actually sings this song properly. She sings it reasonably well, too. Not awesomely, but well. Jackie Evancho definitely sings it better than Carrie, though.

About 17 years ago I went to the Christmas special at Dixie Stampede; a dinner show in Pigeon Forge, TN. There I saw/heard a young (mid-20s) woman sing this song in a way that sent shivers up my spine and brought tears to my eyes. She sung it perfectly, in the classical way, and had a very, very strong voice. The high note, especially, was incredible. I have no idea who she was, but I wish I did. I have tried ever since to find a performance as good as that one. So far, nada.
    jeffrolives and dale124 like this.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

We agree, Wecsog, about the traditional style of singing that song. I suspect you feel the same about the singers at the football games and their renditions of the Star Spangled Banner......lol, is that the song they sing??? Just listen to the Voice sometime. They can't seem to sing anything without F---ing it up. But then, I'm old and out of style.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Merry Christmas Croatoan, and thanks for posting the video, it was like getting an early Christmas present
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by WECSOG View Post
    Merry Christmas!

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs, and that young girl sings it beautifully. I'm glad she (or more likely, her singing coach) has enough self-respect to sing it properly, in the classical way. This song deserves that.
    Too many popular singers do not have that self-respect and they end up ruining it, for me at least. The country singers want to "twang" it up, and you know what the rest do. A prime example is Mariah Carey. She is a beautiful lady and has a beautiful voice, but she doesn't have enough respect for either the song or herself, IMHO, to do it properly. Or maybe she is just not good enough?

I do have to give kudos to Carrie Underwood. She actually sings this song properly. She sings it reasonably well, too. Not awesomely, but well. Jackie Evancho definitely sings it better than Carrie, though.

About 17 years ago I went to the Christmas special at Dixie Stampede; a dinner show in Pigeon Forge, TN. There I saw/heard a young (mid-20s) woman sing this song in a way that sent shivers up my spine and brought tears to my eyes. She sung it perfectly, in the classical way, and had a very, very strong voice. The high note, especially, was incredible. I have no idea who she was, but I wish I did. I have tried ever since to find a performance as good as that one. So far, nada.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    We agree, Wecsog, about the traditional style of singing that song. I suspect you feel the same about the singers at the football games and their renditions of the Star Spangled Banner......lol, is that the song they sing??? Just listen to the Voice sometime. They can't seem to sing anything without F---ing it up. But then, I'm old and out of style.
    Well, for heaven's sake don't click on my thread "Home Free"
    jeffrolives likes this.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

Merry Christmas Cro, that girl is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jtomelliott49 View Post
    Yes, the football game singers too.
    No thanks on listening to The Voice, though. I studiously avoid shows like that.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Sponosred Links