Work Gloves?
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Work Gloves?

Work Gloves?

I need a new pair of work gloves, and tired of spending money on ones that are meh. The cheap cloth ones that are under $2 work ok for me until it gets below 20 degrees. Looking for some that are thin but have some insulation value. They need to be easy and quick to put on and take off, and having a decent grip helps. Any suggestions?
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

No way around just trying on a bunch of pairs until you find a pair that fits your mits.
    http://www.amazon.com/Wells-Lamont-7...ds=work+gloves
    http://www.amazon.com/Dewalt-DPG737L...VASH6CF16P#Ask
    there are options out there, but until you put then on your hands I wouldn't buy them.
    Last edited by sponge; 01-04-2016 at 09:58 PM.
    SickPuppy76 likes this.
    Chris Vogel
    Current Rides
    2014 Zuma 50, 2004 TW200, 1992 R100GS, 1987 TW200
    Current Projects
    1982 550 Vision, 1986 XL600R

To me it depends on what kind of work you are doing. If you are doing fine work that needs some finesse, a thick warm glove most likely will hinder you. I was lucky enough for Twilight to run onto some gloves that are big enough for me. Thing is, they are good for riding and maybe running a chainsaw, but if I had to do any wrenching I would be in trouble. No way to pick up a small wrench or nut.
    TWilight likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

EWB
    the three pack of leather ones from Costco (I think wells lamont) I then rub a waterproof wax (like sno seal) into them and let them dry by the heater or fire. They are waterproof, soft and they last quite a while (and its easy to add more wax)

these are the 2 styles that i like to use...but like was said it depends how much dexterity i need will determine what gloves i use...if it's cold or wet i just throw a pair of latex gloves under them...similar to when i used to mountain bike in the winter, i would always wear a pair of cheap women's nylons under my pants to stay warmer...the mechanix style gloves always fall apart no matter what ones you buy

Grease Monkey Nitrile Coated Large Gloves-25550-012 - The Home Depot

Firm Grip Grain Pigskin Large Gloves-5123-06 - The Home Depot
    TWilight likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    No way around just trying on a bunch of pairs until you find a pair that fits your mits.
    Robot Check
    Robot Check
    there are options out there, but until you put then on your hands I wouldn't buy them.
    That first pair looks exactly like what I was looking for thanks
    "SickPuppy76"
    Greg from Glenville

2014 TW200 rear Cyclerack with bag supports and Versapack saddlebags, upgraded foot pegs, Mad Dog seat cover
    2014 Nissan Pathfinder 4WD
    2005 Buick Rainier AWD
    2001 Bass Tracker Pro Team 185XT
    Old Town Trip10 Angler Kayak

I put a set of snowmobile gaunlets on my handlebars. With decent gloves inside these I am able to keep my hands decently warm, but my circulation is very poor in the fingers. I am thinking of going to mittens. I have a pair of military mittens with the wool inserts. They are a bit clumsy, but anything that keeps my fingers from turning white and losing feeling works for me.
    TWilight, littletommy and admiral like this.

I have that same problem. They are either too thin and flimsy or too bulky. These are just the ticket for me. I've been through a couple pairs now, but they hold up well. Suede palms and finger grips. There is a very thin layer of Thinsulate insulation in them. The tactile performance is very good, I can work with tools, use measuring tapes, pencils, pick up screws and nails etc with them on.

Attachment 25851

They are called Westchester Hi-Dexterity Winter Gloves. You can see them here. Westchester 96550 Cold Weather Hi Dexterity Gloves Thinsulate Insulation L or XL | eBay

If you are willing to spend more, check out the various rigger gloves that Westchester offers. westchesterprotects.com |

In the warmer months I still gravitate to the unlined goatskin work glove.
    Twelve rules will get you through life with style.
    Hidden Content

my blog Hidden Content

I used to work on heavy dirt equipment when I lived in the mid west. The best hand protection and most durable gloves that have the best dexterity are made of Goat Skin. They are washable in gentle dish liquid if they get greasy or oily. The only drawback is that they are only mildly warm. For the winter I used to get the next size larger then wear jersey gloves inside of them for added warmth.
    John

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
    -Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

Deus Regnat Exultet Terra

Last winter I was working on project assigned to a team that would be tasked with rescuing ice climbers in the event that the wheels came off the wagon. I am a devout gear snob and have some very good cold weather gear. We had the privilege of working with a mountain rescue team from New Hampshire. One of the guys is a winter mountain guide. The thing that surprised me the most is the gloves that he was wearing. They looked like everyday work gloves. When I asked him about them he gave me a pair. He said that they are worn by every guide, rescue team, fire department, farmer etc in his area . They are available in every hardware store in Vermont or New Hampshire. When I put his gloves on, my hands were never cold again. They put my $100 gloves to shame. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Kinco International Leather Gloves, Insulated, Pigskin, L, PR 1927 LARGE | Zoro.com
    littletommy and Point37 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links