The “Donald” – or the “Trump” …..
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: The “Donald” – or the “Trump” …..

The “Donald” – or the “Trump” …..

The “Donald” — or the “Trump” …..

(Just to explain the title — to “Trump” means to fart over here) ……..

I watched a documentary on the man earlier this week, by a well-respected BBC journalist. As you would expect, it was un-biased, and for the most part, didn’t pull any punches. I watched with interest, because I’d come to my own conclusions about the man over the last year, and wanted to know if I was going “off-plot”. Despite a few “revelations” about his past, it seems that I’m more or less on track.

From a “foreign observers” point of view, it seems that he can say or do no wrong — the more outrageous and un-pc the man gets, the more his ratings go up. It’s kinda like George W — despite his butchering the language — you seemed to give the man unconditional support.

Some of the stuff “the Trump” comes out with are cheap vote getting “shorts” — “Hilary wants to take your guns away” as a parting shot (excuse the pun) at a recent rally would get him 4 million votes from the NRA for example, but I wonder how much he actually cares about the matter. As an analogy, the documentary mentioned “Donald Trump is too big to fail” — in the same way a large bank would be. Too many fingers in too many pies would be another way of looking at it.

My question — to you “Americans” — is this ……..

Other than a seemingly “weak” opposition — just how much support does this man have — and why ?

How much have the “Obamah years” influenced Trumps popularity ? — is this just a “knee jerk” reaction ? — or do you genuinely believe that there’s a politician behind the “hype” ? ……….
    TWilight and Trail Woman like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

No. Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure Trump will unfortunately be president next year at this time, I completely understand that what he says are just words to impress with no real meaning behind any of them. Who knows what he will actually do when he gets there. All we can do is hope and pray that he doesn't fuck it all up as much as the last two tards.

Just wait for the election and we will see.

Borders, language and culture!

Glad we did not have the kind of leadership we now have and the times were WWII... That's all I can say. You guys over there should appreciate this fact! We all would be a lamp shade or speaking German!

BTW, Yea for Sweden..... sending 80K illegals packing!

Jim
    Hidden Content 2003 Tw200, 2014 BWS 150, 1969 VW Beetle Baja, 1972 Super Beetle and a 1987 Suzuki Samurai.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Trump is doing so well because people are fed up with the Progressive nature of the last several presidents. Obama has done NOTHING that he promised.. uniting the country, etc, etc. But those of us paying attention knew going in that he wasn't going to.

Trump is insanely popular because he's anti-establishment. The problem here is that the political elites have been running the country for far too long (regardless of which side of the political table they've been on). Politics has been too greatly influenced by money. Trump cannot be bought. He's already rich. He doesn't need the money. That's what scares the hell out of the establishment, particularly the GOPe (the 'e' being the Establishment branch of the GOP).

BUT... the GOPe has now started to support Trump because they THINK they can make deals with him, whereas if Cruz wins, they know full well it'll never happen. Cruz is a hard-core conservative (which IMO is a good thing). Personally, I'd rather see Cruz win the election, but it probably won't happen. Trump is likely going to be it. And so like many others have said, we're hoping he does a good job. If he picks a good running mate (somebody like Ted Cruz or Sarah Palin), then it'll look very good, because we'll be setup well for when Trump is done... whether it be four or eight years. But if he picks some RINO, I think it'll piss off his base enough that we'll sit the election out.

A big problem here is the whole PC nature. It has to go. This constant impugning of people over stuff they say is absurd. If you're offended, GET OVER IT. We have FREEDOM OF SPEECH which is supposed to trump (no pun intended) the possibility of offending somebody. Progressives hate this; they want to restrict speech. They want gov't to control everything.

I could go on and on but there's a point where people will tune out.
    Purple, Darth, Hoot Gibson and 2 others like this.
    '12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
    '96 Suzuki DR650
    '92 Yamaha TW200
    Hidden Content - Organize your rides online!

I guess he isn't a very good businessman since he's only worth what, $9B?

Saying Trump is the worst thing to ever happen to the US given the islamic terrorist we have in office now is saying something.
    '12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
    '96 Suzuki DR650
    '92 Yamaha TW200

Even if it's only $1B, then whatever. It's still waaaaaaaay better than everybody on this site combined. If there IS somebody here that has that kind of money, please PM me.. I need a loan.

But part of being a businessman means failure and bankruptcy. It's all part of the game.

And yes we need to go to war with ISIS. Screw NATO. We need to withdraw from NATO and stop giving them any money. All they want to do is form a global progressivist government and "spread the wealth" around, rather than focusing on helping the poorer countries grow on their own. It's all about power, not actually about helping people.

Appeasing the enemy gets us nowhere... that's why we're in the position we are now, since Dumbass keeps drawing lines in the sand and then never acting when they cross them.
    '12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
    '96 Suzuki DR650
    '92 Yamaha TW200

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    But part of being a businessman means failure and bankruptcy. It's all part of the game.
    But this country is not a business. This country is not a game. There is more at stake than a few doll hairs. Four businesses that Trump ran went bankrupt. While I'm sure that he had the greatest of intentions for said businesses and probably had no thought in his head of running them into the ground, it happened none the less. Do you really want to make a bet on the country you live in not being just another one he fails at? You are right- he is worth billions. If he fucks it all up, he just shrugs his shoulders and goes back to it and lets the next guy pick up the pieces. You, me, and everyone else we know are the ones that would suffer.

2016-01-28-11-07-10-1.jpg
    TWilight, mga60tw, Purple and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post

I watched a documentary on the man earlier this week, by a well-respected BBC journalist. As you would expect, it was un-biased, and for the most part, didn’t pull any punches.
    Interesting. In the US, we have come to expect "well-respected journalists" to be completely biased to the left, and only pull no punches if they are talking about conservative or individual rights topics.

It’s kinda like George W — despite his butchering the language — you seemed to give the man unconditional support.
    Says who? Oh yeah; says the biased US mainstream media. In reality, I met very few people who didn't fault him on at least some fronts.
    And who cares how he butchered the language? That is completely irrelevant.
    I find it interesting and telling though, that you claim GWB gets a pass on everything; while never even mentioning Bill Clinton. That man did and continues to get a pass among the MSM and most of the left. If any disparaging word is heard about him, it is just a mild condemnation of his infidelity.

Some of the stuff “the Trump” comes out with are cheap vote getting “shorts” — “Hilary wants to take your guns away” as a parting shot (excuse the pun) at a recent rally would get him 4 million votes from the NRA for example, but I wonder how much he actually cares about the matter.
    Of course she wants to take our guns away. She has said as much, many times. Just because the MSM occasionally gets a soundbite from her saying something along the lines of "I support the 2nd Amendment rights of Americans, but..." means nothing.
    And forget about the NRA. The MSM tries to paint a portrait of America, including most American gun owners, being held hostage by a huge, Mafia-like NRA. It's not true. If the NRA had its way, there would be lots more gun laws even than there are now. And there are a lot of them that neither you Brits, nor most non-gun-owning Americans have a clue about.
    Fact is, hardly a gun law gets passed in the USA without the NRA having a hand in it. Most of those laws are carefully crafted in a way that is detrimental to individual rights, small gun makers and importers, while being good only for a small handful of the largest US gunmakers.

But enough about that. You wonder how much Trump actually cares about the matter. So do I. And I figure, probably not that much. Unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me if he did more damage to our rights than Obama has (though not for a lack of trying).

But here's the thing about Trump: he is not beholden to Republican Party leadership. Look at the most pro-freedom/individual rights Republican candidates. Will one of them be the Republican candidate? Of course not. Party leadership will stop at nothing to ensure that the most Democrat-like candidate gets the nod, just like they always do. Sometimes I suspect they actually want to lose the general election. They get more donations, more support, and fewer complaints from their constituency that way.
    Last edited by WECSOG; 01-28-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

I have serious doubts over any quotes attributed to people, because it's too easy to manufacture them. This is also the first time I've seen that one bandied about... I think if it were real, I would have seen a lot more of it.

Now, yes, there's a possibility Trump will be a dweeb. I sincerely hope not. But I do know that the citizens of this country have had it with the progressivist agenda and politicians that don't do what they promise... so if he turns out to be a dud, there will be hell to pay. We're on the verge of a civil war as it is.
    Darth and TWilight like this.
    '12 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
    '96 Suzuki DR650
    '92 Yamaha TW200

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I have serious doubts over any quotes attributed to people, because it's too easy to manufacture them. This is also the first time I've seen that one bandied about... I think if it were real, I would have seen a lot more of it.

Now, yes, there's a possibility Trump will be a dweeb. I sincerely hope not. But I do know that the citizens of this country have had it with the progressivist agenda and politicians that don't do what they promise... so if he turns out to be a dud, there will be hell to pay. We're on the verge of a civil war as it is.
    I agree, Rob: that "quote" is BS.
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links